So on the 17th I had a half day at work. Got a text around 1:30, "Yo dude, you still coming to the show tonight?" I forgot I had bought tickets to the gates, Loma Prieta, and Pianos Become the Teeth show that night. Needless to say, I was still going. Completely forgot about it, but I'm happy I got that reminder. Awesome show.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
told Korey i'd post my new pedals and i'm no liar. just landed back from Singapore and had these waiting:

mojostompboxes.com
you get any pedals in singapore?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Thoughts on the Deja Vu

The digital side is your standard clean digital delay nothing too special there but what you would go to for digital. You can crank the feedback and it will start to take off and self oscillate like and analog delay would so that is cool.

Analog side is not super dark but its no memory man. It has this mushy quality too it. Kinda smeared. It sounds better than my old deluxe memory box did. The modulation on the pedal is only in the analog delay.

The two are on a blend knob so I have have both going at once or blend to get the right amount of attack and underlying delay. Tap and subdivisions work great, as does the looper mode. When you have a loop going, you can still blend between analog and voicing and modulation so it can get kinda cool in that regard.

I ran my Macbook running Studio One in the WET loop. The wet loop only gets hit once as opposed to a feedback loop where it keeps feeding into itself. On my computer, I have the TLA bitcrusher VST set with a night noisy comb filtered sound(think dial up internet) and mixed that in a little on the repeats.

Here is a little test. I start with digital, then analong, then mod and blend between both. Its my rat before it into my V4.

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-rosenberg/deja-vu-test
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

for music without words I help make: Listen Earth
Quote by T7E
Minty fresh fz2 tho

Dont even start me. Its off the ****ing hook
mojostompboxes.com
Hey Tim, what's the Pearl analog delay like?

When I sold my first El Capistan a dude wanted to trade for the double version of that Pearl delay. I didn't go for it because I couldn't test how it sounded, it ran at 18v, the delay time was likely very short, and I didnt think it was worth as much as the El Cap. They still kinda interest me though.
Just Back fro playing an out of town show. Left straight from work to drive an hour and a half o a venue to sit through the first 3 bands and not even go on until around 1 am. And everyone had pretty much left by that point except the other bands and the friends we brought. Oh and the random people drinking an playing video games at the bar.

In spite of that, it was a fun night. Playing felt awesome and we got to hang out with a bunch of friends

Oh and during the last song, I popped a string and then turned all my distortions on and threw down my guitar and started hitting cymbals along with our drummer. Definitely a highlight for me hahaha
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
snagged a $100 trinity 2, i can do proper volume swells next week when it arrives
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Just Back fro playing an out of town show. Left straight from work to drive an hour and a half o a venue to sit through the first 3 bands and not even go on until around 1 am. And everyone had pretty much left by that point except the other bands and the friends we brought. Oh and the random people drinking an playing video games at the bar.

In spite of that, it was a fun night. Playing felt awesome and we got to hang out with a bunch of friends

Oh and during the last song, I popped a string and then turned all my distortions on and threw down my guitar and started hitting cymbals along with our drummer. Definitely a highlight for me hahaha

I had an out of town gig last night too, in London, with my other band. It definitely rekindled my love of playing live after a few seriously ropey gigs recently. To be honest it felt more like four friends going for a night out in London with the inconvenience of having to play for half an hour somewhere near the start. Some of the band started drinking on the train on the way up, I at least managed to abstain until we got to the venue. And having to run to catch a train three times whilst carrying (between us) two guitars, a violin, a ukulele and a double bass was certainly a good group bonding exercise...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Ryan, I listened to the clip you posted. Sounded good, I really liked the end. Definitely my favorite part.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well, tour finished up in a thematically appropriate way; amazing set that ended with a broken LP copy and us narrowly avoiding getting our car towed(which ended up costing us most of what we made at the gig). Still though, amazing night; we played with an old friend's band who I've wanted to play with ever since they got back together a few years ago, and they rocked it, just absolutely slayed. I ended up running to the local guitar shop at load-in to grab an OD pedal before they closed; got there a minute before they locked the door and all they had in my meager price range was a DS-1. I think the audience may have been deaf, because I got a couple of compliments on my tone, which was just like...what?

Just an entire night held together by wire and hope. Twas a fun one.
an entire night held together by wire and hope.

There's a song/album title!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
There's a song/album title!

That's gonna have to be album number five, after "10 More People That Pissed Off Our Singer" and "Songs About Our Cats".
need some new single coils for my strat.
I want something thicker and warmer for my bridge than a regular single coil while having a super clear neck.

I probably won't install a middle pickup. I hate them and those god damn in between positions.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Duncan QPs perhaps. Maybe in the neck at least.

EDIT: Scrap that. I want something thicker and warmer all round I think. Still low output but just doesn't sound like a strat.
Last edited by T7E at May 4, 2015,
Ones I'd look at:

Tesla's OPUS pickups in the singlecoil size are nice.

Lace makes nice singlecoils with all kinds of characteristics.

Vintage Vibe and Lollar make Charlie Christians in sizes, including singlecoil.

Rio Grande makes a singlecoil sized P90.

Of those, the last 2 categories might be more what you're looking for.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 4, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Ones I'd look at:

Tesla's OPUS pickups in the singlecoil size are nice.

Lace makes nice singlecoils with all kinds of characteristics.

Vintage Vibe and Lollar make Charlie Christians in sizes, including singlecoil.

Rio Grande makes a singlecoil sized P90.

Of those, the last 2 categories might be more what you're looking for.

The guitar came with Lace red, silver and blues in it. and a big Meh.
The charlies are a great idea though, thanks.
On the clear neck thing, you might also look at Lace Alumitones. Those things are startlingly clean...and noiseless. I have a set in a hollowbody.

thats actually an awesome suggestion. they are cheapish here in as too. thanks mang

EDIT: just gonna throw a full sized HB in the neck and be done with it. Lollar El Rayo seems to be exactly wha I'ma after and I have tech hand picked by god so he'll get it in there. Yah fellas.
Last edited by T7E at May 4, 2015,
picked up my tc electronics t2, its amazeballs. I immediatly use the knock off supermoon with the delay labs ghostbusters ii setting. most ominus evil thing i ever heard in my life! absolutly glorious... next on my shopping list voodoo lab tremelo that should be hillarious with the delay and verb.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Welp.
Pickup plans are out the window for the time being because I just scored one of these second hand. Signal Chain music is like a TGP friendly shop, only stock select pedals from a few brands that are like P&W staples but they have a second hand section and it was in there for $210 so I went "**** it" and snapped it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed53uohqGbw

Really excited for it.
Quote by T7E
Welp.
Pickup plans are out the window for the time being because I just scored one of these second hand. Signal Chain music is like a TGP friendly shop, only stock select pedals from a few brands that are like P&W staples but they have a second hand section and it was in there for $210 so I went "**** it" and snapped it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed53uohqGbw

Really excited for it.

sent them a few new pedals. fingers crossed.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
sent them a few new pedals. fingers crossed.

It'd be a good place to break into, they don't see, to have a heap down the lower end of the $ range.

Also oooh Ember Wreath will check
Last edited by T7E at May 5, 2015,
Quote by T7E
It'd be a good place to break into, they don't see, to have a heap down the lower end of the $ range.

Also oooh Ember Wreath will check

yeh plus i offered them a good deal. they're like "we're not looking to take on any more brands right now, however we're keen on some ****ed up fuzz stuff so we'll give you a chance.."
mojostompboxes.com
Im part way through my second proper attempt at a guitar body... Either way, this is the last one. **** it. I'm not a super handy DIY dude, and it's messy as hell. Pretty much over it... Plus I have kinda jacked up the templates lol

Still want to get back to some pedal builds and maybe low wattage amp build down the track, but no more attempts at guitar building. Basically woodwork sucks ass is my point. Electronics I can kinda deal with, even though I don't really know jack about it all.
Last edited by TheTransient at May 6, 2015,
Well I played a wombtone mkii today and its ****ed. The other guitarist in my band ended up buying it. So mad.
Quote by T7E
John mate thats doomy i like it

Thanks dude!!

Quote by TheTransient
Im part way through my second proper attempt at a guitar body... Either way, this is the last one. **** it. I'm not a super handy DIY dude, and it's messy as hell. Pretty much over it... Plus I have kinda jacked up the templates lol

Still want to get back to some pedal builds and maybe low wattage amp build down the track, but no more attempts at guitar building. Basically woodwork sucks ass is my point. Electronics I can kinda deal with, even though I don't really know jack about it all.

I'm sorry to hear that man. I understand if you're not feelin it, but sucking at something is the first step to being good. Want me to post pictures of my first pedal builds to make you feel better?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I'll have to give the EW stuff a listen later on, John. I'm sure it's fantastic.

Brendan, just take time and be patient. Just because you're not "handy" now, doesn't mean you'll never be. The only DIY stuff I'm doing right now is...get this...costume making. I'm creating a set of Mandalorian armor for comicons. I don't think I've ever typed a nerdier sentence.

That's a lie. I totally have. But I'm super pumped for this.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Don't do that John, later down the line some idiot will use the pictures as proof of why your pedals suck :P

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by LaidBack
I'll have to give the EW stuff a listen later on, John. I'm sure it's fantastic.

Brendan, just take time and be patient. Just because you're not "handy" now, doesn't mean you'll never be. The only DIY stuff I'm doing right now is...get this...costume making. I'm creating a set of Mandalorian armor for comicons. I don't think I've ever typed a nerdier sentence.

That's a lie. I totally have. But I'm super pumped for this.

Thanks! I think you guys will really enjoy the whole thing when it comes out. The release date is next Tuesday!

Also dude, that's so sick. I have a ton of respect for good cosplay.

Quote by ibanezguitars44
Don't do that John, later down the line some idiot will use the pictures as proof of why your pedals suck :P

my early stuff is really bad. I've actually done some "recalls" of past pedals (2013 and earlier basically) to atone for shitty work. Also my custom work has an unofficial lifetime warranty.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
See when it comes o electrictronics though, you actually fix stuff when it's done wrong, but if you screw up a piece of wood, that's it. Gotta start again if it's bad enough. I got good using the router, and that was cool. But I just hate that I could spend a day on a piece of wood, and then have it become useless because the neck pocket it slightly off (that's what happened to the first body). Or I could get everything routed perfect, but then mess up the finish. Also once again, the sawdust haha

See, after my first couple builds, I actually think my electronics work was pretty neat and well soldered. I still haven't released a pedal out into the world. That Rams head jigglypuff muff build (it's now going to be called a BIG PUFF haha) has kind of been put on the backburner, but I really should finish it. The circuit board is done, it's just making the enclosure up with he paint and artwork and then wiring it up.

Oh and my green muff is actually now working with no issues! It's a goddamn miracle lol
I really want to build a pedal

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by stradivari310

Also dude, that's so sick. I have a ton of respect for good cosplay.

Keyword there is "good" lol.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
My friend was preaching last night to the youth. He, in the context of the bible, said, "Don't date a sorcerer." He was joking more or less. All I could think of was some kid running around in a park dressed like Elenti the glorious turning down someone dressed as Gandalf because of their wicked ways.

I want to build an LPB1 into a SHO. How hard?
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

for music without words I help make: Listen Earth
Last night at rehearsal I had my two Teles both leaning against my amp (quite what I was playing I can't remember - maybe harmonica?) and one slipped and took the other one down with it, causing them both to clang horribly against the concrete floor. Such is the structural integrity of the Tele I still haven't inspected them for damage. To be honest I'm hoping there is a bit on my main Fender one because I've been playing it frequently for several years and apart from a bit of tarnishing on the hardware it looks brand new...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.