Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 13, 2015,
I really need to try another rv-3. I liked it when I tried it, but I wasn't into 100% wet stuff the way I am now.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Sometimes I have to amuse myself by looking at cheap gear that you know is going to be absolutely terrible. The Joyo Mjolnir, for example. It's the most tragic-looking thing ever - and how is 15 watts ever going to be loud enough to be used in a metal band?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
The Joyo Mjolnir, for example. It's the most tragic-looking thing ever - and how is 15 watts ever going to be loud enough to be used in a metal band?

Invent a new metal subgenre: Alumi-doom. All the same lyrical subject matter and chord progressions of doom and other genes, but played at a much lower volume and heaviness.

Probably work great in coffee houses.

Defining iconic clothing: studded leather berets.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Tombe
Sometimes I have to amuse myself by looking at cheap gear that you know is going to be absolutely terrible. The Joyo Mjolnir, for example. It's the most tragic-looking thing ever - and how is 15 watts ever going to be loud enough to be used in a metal band?

Sometimes one man's trash is another man's treasure. I'm sure a good use could be found for that.
Holy crap that thing looks amazing
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
go away troll

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
I really need to try another rv-3. I liked it when I tried it, but I wasn't into 100% wet stuff the way I am now.

That is exactly how I feel. I remember feeling "over" the rv3 when I had borrowed one for a few days, but it may be exactly what I am looking for to stack as more reverb and not a stand alone pedal.

EDIT: that Judder looks so tight! And so does that chase bliss trem.

And John, my V4 has 300, 1k and 3k on the mid switch, no 700.
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

for music without words I help make: Listen Earth
Last edited by ppunkrokMr at May 14, 2015,
Quote by ppunkrokMr
That is exactly how I feel. I remember feeling "over" the rv3 when I had borrowed one for a few days, but it may be exactly what I am looking for to stack as more reverb and not a stand alone pedal.

EDIT: that Judder looks so tight! And so does that chase bliss trem.

And John, my V4 has 300, 1k and 3k on the mid switch, no 700.

Oops, I meant 300! Same deal. Scoop the low mids and you get a fender-ish tone.

Quote by T7E
I ****ing recorded a demo clip of dat Misty cave witha bunch of other shit on my pedalboard.
It's rough but you can hear what it gets up to.
https://soundcloud.com/evans-pedal-demos/misty-cave

This sounds ****ing crazy. It's like a filter-flanger-echo.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Yeah its a resonant filter with a delay line I think. You can kind of tune where it resonates with the delay time control and then it kinda just moves around as you play related or clashing frequencies and stuff
bought a voodoo lab trem earlier thisweek because i been wanting one forever, also got a v1 cool cat fuzz i was disapointed for a bit then i remembered it had a volume knob kicks so much ass for what it is.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Im considering getting a soundhole pickup from GFS for my acoustic. They also have a preamp built into an endpin jack so there will be minimal if any modifying of the guitar body itself. $45 bucks for both. I know their electric pickups sound pretty good but I dont know anything about the acoustic stuff.
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

Quote by ibanezguitars44

I loved mine, fell out of love, sold it to a friend, found another one at half the price I payed for my first one, bought it on a whim, and fell in love with it all over again. Glad I grabbed it.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
^Yup.

Okay, so I've got GAS for the first time in a while. I need this for my banjo http://www.deeringbanjos.com/products/goodtime-banjo-resonator-retro-fit-kit I need it bad.

I need a pickup for mine. Got my eyes on a Myers one that's basically a clip-on gooseneck mic and a pre-amp unit about the size of a matchbox that you can just attach to the strap or whatever. I don't want anything that has to be properly fitted and needs holes drilling in the body, so if I get another banjo I've got a pickup for it already. With banjos it seems that pickups being fitted as standard is the exception rather than the rule...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
I need a pickup for mine. Got my eyes on a Myers one that's basically a clip-on gooseneck mic and a pre-amp unit about the size of a matchbox that you can just attach to the strap or whatever. I don't want anything that has to be properly fitted and needs holes drilling in the body, so if I get another banjo I've got a pickup for it already. With banjos it seems that pickups being fitted as standard is the exception rather than the rule...

Hm. Wasn't aware of that. Then again, I haven't looked much into electrifying mine. Good to know, though.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
So, today I bought a used Fender American Special Telecaster haha. It was at my local guitar shop (it actually belonged to the boss). It's mint, the price was great, and it plays like a goddamn dream! Had to grab it!

The stock pickups are decent. The neck pickup is good enough, but the bridge pickup is a little dark/muddy. Have to have a think about pickups again :P
I know they catch a lot of shit, but I really like my Fender Noiseless in my Tele. As for the muddy pickup, are you using any brighter voiced amps?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Thanks Ryan! That looks pretty solid. All personal purchases are on hold now. Just booked 2 tickets to Florida for $1000 and two tickets and a hotel to Seattle for $2400. The Seattle charges are in dispute because the entire booking was wrong and they wouldn't let me change it 5 minutes after it was finalized. I'm in financial hell right now.

edit: FYI

VOLUME PEDAL E616 Analog Delay
Used Malekko Heavy Industry 2010s E616 Analog Dela

Details »
Accessories
Guitar Center North Portland
Portland, Oregon 97217
503-286-6327
View Store's Used Inventory
Contact Store
Now Only
$89.99
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at May 18, 2015,
Quote by LaidBack
I know they catch a lot of shit, but I really like my Fender Noiseless in my Tele. As for the muddy pickup, are you using any brighter voiced amps?

I am curious to try some at one point, but I haven't yet. I'll consider them again

Yeah, the amps I've tried with at home were all fairly bright chimey (AD30, Bassman, Super Bass). I probably wont chance them straight up, but there is a good chance I will at some point. It has Texas Specials, but they aren't the Custom Shop Texas Specials.

Lots of options to look at
my gas is cured for awhile, got a cheap fuzz i been wanting for a few years and a voodoo lab tremello which i been wanting for a while... next on my list a martin accousic I played on a few at guitar center the other day even the "cheapo" x series martins are freaking sweet
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
You guys see the new Strymon teasers?

My guess is a digital delay with lofi modes. I'm thinking it has one more pristine mode, one that's based on the delta lab effectron rack delay, and a bit crushed delay.

Could be really cool.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yep^^^^

Pete "Racking" his brains:

Can clearly see various permutations of Delatalab Effectron ADMs. ADM is:

A Delta modulation (DM or Δ-modulation) is an analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog signal conversion technique used for transmission of voice information where quality is not of primary importance. DM is the simplest form of differential pulse-code modulation (DPCM) where the difference between successive samples are encoded into n-bit data streams. In delta modulation, the transmitted data are reduced to a 1-bit data stream.

And there is a mode labelled as such.

SO I'mma say it's just various shades of digital based delays, with serious nods at that which came before.
I'm also hoping for some kind of recreation of the pre amps in them old rack delays. They have demonstrated mad "lightish dirt" abilities with the Deco so something similar as the secondary functions would be pretty slick.

I'm hoping for dirty clock noise, aliasing, lo fi early rack gear stuff in spades etc on the ADM/Lower bit modes with that tasty Strymon feature set. 24/96 doesn't interest me as such. I'll be playing one at briefly at least.
I have been hunting for a Lofi Digital Delay with tap tempo for a few years now and outside of the DL4, Timeline and Timefactor. I bought a delay with a feedback loop to put a bit crusher in the loop to achieve the sound. then Strymon is like "hey man, throw your money at us and cry!!!!"

Can I preorder a pedal that has not actually been announced yet?
Quote by Fryderyczek

I'd wait and see just how lo fi it gets at least, but as the usual clean cut strymon crowd will probably turn their nose up at this then they should be plentiful upon release.
The new Strymon is looking pretty compelling. Early digital delays are some of my favorites.

Also guys, I'm SO close to being able to sell Longswords. I approved the drilling layout last night. I just have to drill all the boxes, then get them powder coated and printed!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by T7E
Printed as in "cute little drawing of a sword" printed or just words n stuff?

Something like this:

Also here's the "production" prototype.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Yeh I'd buy the new Strymon for sure. I like me some digital delay.
mojostompboxes.com
If it is 500 Stateside, I will be over it. I didnt pay that much for my space. If strymon hits that price point with single pedals, they will price themselves out of a market where they currently rule. $300 is already kinda steep.
Quote by Fryderyczek