Quote by unet

**** you.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I'm probably the only university student who doesn't understand the appeal of studying at the library. Why? My only distraction at home is my computer, really, and I'd have it with me at the library too. I just don't understand.

the sound of whispering/murmuring seems to help me concentrate best. also if other people around me are working i'm more inclined to actually work

since i don't really talk about gear much anymore i'll talk about gear now. tomorrow is my last show with fractures (parting on good terms) so i get my half-stack back at my house. i'm going to sell my dual rec and hold onto the money for now. i'm using my evil twin for LL and my screamo side project Sartre, and i intend to run it through my 4x12 just to push more air and kill more people. i'm also going to sell my PRS

after christmas i'll have a couple new pedals/re-arranged board, so i'll have pics then

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
A new suit.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by unet
Well I like the library coz of the facilities in the breakout room.

A friend and i are working on a take home final which is outrageously tough. We have a little room to ourselves with a giant ass TV, to which we connect one of our computers...watch lectures to get concepts, code in matlab without straining to see the other dude's screen. Plus, 5 minutes away are coffee machines, food and a lot of other people studying to keep you motivated. And no bed. And really fast internet for UG and references.

that sounds ****ing sweet. facilities i mean, not the work.
Quote by unet
**** you.

Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Anybody expecting anything for Christmas?

imma ask my dad if he'll fix my laney + revalve + new speaker.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt

Like gifts? Uhhh....

EDIT: Speaking of trees, I went to see a Pink Floyd DSoTM laser show at the planetarium a few months back with some friends and we did some trees beforehand. It was flipping amazing, we walked out and couldn't believe how huge the real sky was after seeing the projected sky inside the planetarium dome. We stood out in the parking lot for a good half hour afterwards staring at the sky and talking. They're closing down the laser shows at the end of January after over 20 years of doing them and we plan to go see another one for the last time. So sad.

EDIT2: While we were standing outside in the parking lot staring at the sky and talking, someone drove by and asked us if we were "skaters". Total wtf moment.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Dec 9, 2011,
Guys, having wild thoughts about selling my Traynor and getting a Music Man amp as a replacement. Uh-oh...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I love my Traynor, but I was never too happy with it in a band setting. It's just too raunchy for me since I play mostly clean. The cleans are good, but since they're basically Marshall cleans they're kinda rough sounding. There's a 1x12" RD-65 for $425 on CL right now and it looks absolutely delicious. I would only need to add maybe 50 bucks into that if I sold my Traynor. I'll let fate decide, I'll see if the ad is still up after I'm done with exams and I'll email them if it is.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Looking forward to seeing Pics Deniz.

I cannot wait til Saturday.

The only thing that I asked for was a set of decent studio headphones, i'll also get a couple shirts and the obligatory itunes card.

I bought myself the Sunmachine Fuzz 0))) for Christmas and i'll buy myself some strings cables and a tuner. I'm not too fussed, if I want something then i'll save up and buy it
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by unet
I approve.

Why the **** are you up at 3?

I was studying earlier and then I always take some time off to drink tea, watch TV shows and browse the web before going to bed. I almost never go to be before 1 AM, it usually ends up being anywhere from 2-5 AM depending on how caught up I get. I don't get much sleep when school's in session.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I know the feeling... =/

Man i cant wait for tomorrow. Today is officially my 5th consecutive night at the library.
Quote by unet

Elaborate?

I've officially been "hired" for 3 weeks now, they just keep draggin their @$$ about orientation and setting an actual work start date. We've been playing phone tag for quite some time.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
o hai nu thred
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by silly hats
The only thing that I asked for was a set of decent studio headphones, i'll also get a couple shirts and the obligatory itunes card.

I bought myself the Sunmachine Fuzz 0))) for Christmas and i'll buy myself some strings cables and a tuner. I'm not too fussed, if I want something then i'll save up and buy it

I think you missed my post. How do I go about ordering one of those fuzzes?
Very overpriced. Pretty sure they're like $799.99 NEW?
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Yeah. $800 new. I wouldn't get one used unless it was at LEAST $675. And that is borderline high.

Same page brochacho
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Guys, having wild thoughts about selling my Traynor and getting a Music Man amp as a replacement. Uh-oh...

Just saw this. I approve of this message.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Gots me a new pedlol.

Thought I was gonna end up selling or trading it. But I think I'm gonna hold on to it for awhile.
Quote by phoenix_crush
Got my first college acceptance letter today. Woooooo

Where do you plan on going?

Korey. Clips? What does the freeze do?
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by justlivin
Where do you plan on going?

If I get into SUNY Purchase, I'll probably go there. I just got accepted to Columbia College of Chicago though. I hate the cold, but I would be willing to make an exception for a place as cool (lolpun)as Chicago.
Quote by phoenix_crush
If I get into SUNY Purchase, I'll probably go there. I just got accepted to Columbia College of Chicago though. I hate the cold, but I would be willing to make an exception for a place as cool (lolpun)as Chicago.

I love Chicago. I have a few friends who live there.
Have you ever been? I'm gonna go visit the school at some point. I know 2 people from another forum that live there, and I have 2 friends that live/have lived in Urbana (couple hours south of chicago).
ive been once, but i didnt get to do much. but my friends that live there say its awesome and talk about all sorts of cool things to do there. also, try applying to University of Louisville in Kentucky. I love the Ville. I worked about an hour outside of there for the summer and there was always fun things to do. The school is nice too.
Quote by justlivin
I've officially been "hired" for 3 weeks now, they just keep draggin their @$$ about orientation and setting an actual work start date. We've been playing phone tag for quite some time.

That's messed up. I've noticed a lot of employers are playing some serious games with employees lately, like promising interviews and then never giving them, or saying they're interested and then they never return your calls. My dad's been out of steady work for two years and so many companies are doing the same thing with him. It sucks.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Yeah. $800 new. I wouldn't get one used unless it was at LEAST $675. And that is borderline high.

Didn't know that. hm.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by phoenix_crush

where else have you applied?

Quote by Raijouta
My dad's been out of steady work for two years and so many companies are doing the same thing with him. It sucks.

for your dad. I hope he gets something soon.

I've got 10 hours left till i'm done with this paper. so. tir.ed
Just read through the past 5 pages and I seriously LOL'ed many a time. I say this a lot but I love you guys haha. The semester is finally over and the first thing I did when I got home is came in here and laughed my butt off hahaha. I'm seriously grateful that I've been able to participate in the TPR goodness here.

Also, +1 to redheads and music man amps.

Hopefully I'll be getting myself a tele for christmas, but who knows. Other than that I don't know what I want. I don't even know what to ask for. I guess I just don't really care hahaha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
start getting your best of 2011 lists together!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Best of 2011 list? Please explain.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
Best of 2011 list? Please explain.

hahaha i meant your favourite albums of 2011. it seems like there isn't a lot of ambient stuff on mine this year

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Goddamn Rasik. Have you slept?

45 minutes today.

About 10 hours spread over the last 4 days.
Fuc.k.

no particular order

Russian Circles - Empros
*shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo
horseback - The Gorgon Tongue: Impale Golden Horn + Forbidden Planet
The Body & Braveyoung - Nothing Passes
Wooden Shjips - West
Radiohead - The king of limbs (Live from the Basement)
Pyramids / Horseback: A Throne Without A King
Sigur Ros - Inni

more when i think of it
Last edited by unet at Dec 9, 2011,
Quote by unet
45 minutes today.

About 10 hours spread over the last 4 days.
Fuc.k.

ah, Academia, you cruel, heartless bitch.

Don't graduate. Big boy life sucks just as much eggs.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
ah, Academia, you cruel, heartless bitch.

Don't graduate. Big boy life sucks just as much eggs.

He's a grad student now, he already graduated once.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣