hey guys I need some help... So this year I just started playing electric guitar at church and I use a vox multi-effects foot pedal that I know how to use pretty well but I can't find any sounds I like and my worship leader does't seem to be very happy and says how I need to know my pedal better but I'm just not sure what sounds good or anything really.... like do I use only one sound per song or change in the middle or what?? so any tips on pedals would be great... like I understand how they work but not how to use them I guess.. I don't know... :/ if anyone understands what I'm trying say please any tips will help! thanks!
some songs require more than one sound, some songs require only one. listen to the song and try to get it to match..
Quote by DisasterMatt
some songs require more than one sound, some songs require only one. listen to the song and try to get it to match..

As vague as it sounds, that's really all it is. Play with knobs to find the tone to match the song you're playing. If it requires distortion and cleans, then you will need 2 sounds, etc. It's very much a matter of tweaking and trial and error.
^Listen to them. EQ Knobs on amp, Volume and Tone knobs guitar the guitar. They all make a difference, and in my experience the knobs on the guitar make A LOT of difference. And know the difference between clean and distortion in the points of the song.