So I'm a freshman at Texas A&M right now living in a dorm, but next year me and my musically inclined friends (guitar, drums and bass)will be living in a townhouse together and we are very excited to jam. Only problem is our townhouse (4bed 4 bath) is above someone elses 1 story townhouse, and flanked on either side by two other townhomes.
We are quite loud in our jams, and are concerned that we are going to piss our neighbors off so much that they complain. In our housing contract we agree to try to maintain the noise level and be courteous to others, and if we get seven complaints we are fined around 300 dollars. We desperately want to start a band up and are concerned with how or where we could play. My question is, how would we go about looking for a practice space or even a studio to jam in or something of the sort?
There's not a whole lot of fun to be had following the rules. Just go for it and see what happens.
Are you some kind of hypnotist?
Rent out one of those self storage units or something. Why not also try asking around your school's music dept to see if anyone has any ideas.
Quote by happytimeharry
Rent out one of those self storage units or something. Why not also try asking around your school's music dept to see if anyone has any ideas.

Self storage is the savior of a broke band.

However for the amount of fines you might pay. You could probably build a completely sound proof room in your townhouse.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness