I don't understand why you have an Ibanez RG and you use it to play blues.
But anyway, take a look at Seymour Duncan pickups. Versatile and best hum canceling around.
Joe and John both have phenomenal tones. But for the whole bluesy deal the Joe would do you better.

Yes I realize this is a shallow answer. -_-
Where's Waldo?
Honestly either would work great. The biggest difference is the PAF Joe is a little lower output (not much at all), and is a bit more vintage voiced, fairly neutral with a bit of a midrange dip, where the Liquifire is a bit hotter and with a stronger midrange.
I think the PAF Joe is a bit more "woody," more organic and airy and natural. I think that would be better for blues/blues rock.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
how does a pickup die...?

Thank you. TS Please answer this question!
its a cheap stock pickup and it just stopped giving of sound, it was cutting out like when you have a bad cord, now it picks up nothing at all. and for those asking why i want to play blues on an rg, i only have one guitar, mainly when i use the neck pickup im playing blues. but when i use the bridge pickup im playing punk and metal, so there's your answer.
Quote by xevious1
its a cheap stock pickup and it just stopped giving of sound, it was cutting out like when you have a bad cord, now it picks up nothing at all. and for those asking why i want to play blues on an rg, i only have one guitar, mainly when i use the neck pickup im playing blues. but when i use the bridge pickup im playing punk and metal, so there's your answer.

Sounds like you need to have a tech take a look at all internal connections.
Quote by itamar100
I don't understand why you have an Ibanez RG and you use it to play blues.
But anyway, take a look at Seymour Duncan pickups. Versatile and best hum canceling around.

RG's can do anything with the right pickup setup.
Quote by xFilth
Any guitar can do anything with the right pickup setup.

Fixed.

Anyway, TS, pickups can't just "die". It's probably an extremely easy fix - something as simple as resoldering the "hot" from the pickup back to the selector switch. Literally a minute job. Cheap guitars tend to have poor electronics jobs, and these things are pretty common. You could buy a soldering iron for $15 and fix it yourself, as well as having enough solder (solder usually comes in combo packs with irons) to swap pickups at least 5-10 times if you wanted to.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X