I wrote the guy before i posted this, and he replied about an hour later. He's expecting to get over a grand for it. There's one on ebay for 250. I think this guy is on crack.
Quote by mike_oxbig
I wrote the guy before i posted this, and he replied about an hour later. He's expecting to get over a grand for it. There's one on ebay for 250. I think this guy is on crack.

they aren't cheap, but a grand seems high from what i have seen. but again i am unfamiliar with the subtle differences in a lawsuit guitar that may make it worth a lot more.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a mid lawsuit (1977) Lp and its fantastic..handles really well, my only complaint is the fact its a bolt on...but they're great guitars if they arent overpriced.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Dec 8, 2011,
Ibanez lawsuits don't go for much from my experience so i guess around £150-£275
Being pre-lawsuit adds nothing to the value. Its a early 70's MiJ SG copy, simple as that.

That being said, many (like the Ibanez) were near exact copies in terms of shape, size, and looks. Hence the lawsuit. As for price... $200-$500 USD depending on condition.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
The only Ibanez Lawsuits that are worth some money are the set neck ones. This is a bolt on. Let the guy aim for his 1000 bucks. He'll never get it.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
He wanted to trade straight across for my washburn cumberland jumbo

If it was a les paul, or set neck, i would have gone for it
i'm not a fan of the SG's as it is...my only interest was owning a piece of history. But I'll wait until a good deal comes along..this guy thinks he's sitting on a gold mine.
Used guitars are expensive in Manhattan. I’ve never seen one of those go for more than $350 on the local Craigslist.
Quote by McLeod
The only Ibanez Lawsuits that are worth some money are the set neck ones. This is a bolt on. Let the guy aim for his 1000 bucks. He'll never get it.

Actually the Lawsuit Strats, and Teles are ALL Bolt on necks!
They can fetch good money if in good shape. The SGs go for about $200-500
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Quote by TheFUBAR
Actually the Lawsuit Strats, and Teles are ALL Bolt on necks!
They can fetch good money if in good shape. The SGs go for about $200-500

since the originals were bolt on as well what's your point? the set neck thinkg only applies to gibson style axes. $1000 for an SG is just silly.
Quote by monwobobbo
since the originals were bolt on as well what's your point? the set neck thinkg only applies to gibson style axes. $1000 for an SG is just silly.

The point is that not all bolt on neck Ibanez lawsuit guitars are worthless!

My 1973 Ibanez Strat that I currently have is a nice guitar, it has a Solid mahogany body and an Awesome maple neck.

I have owned a 1976 bolt on neck Ibanez Les Paul. I used it till the frets were almost worn off. Loved that axe!
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Last edited by TheFUBAR at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by monwobobbo

that's what i told him. i mean christ, I can buy a brand new gibson SG for 800$
Quote by McLeod

This. The neck joint makes all the difference. Bolt ons aren't really worth anything. Some people like theirs, but it's honestly worth around $150, IMO.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X