Hey guys, im not sure if this is the right spot to put this, but it does effect recording so ill just put it here. So I have a Laguna LE200QBC and a new pickup was installed by guitar center for me. Im not sure when this started, so i don't know if they are to blame since it's been quite sometime since the pickup was installed. but when i plug my guitar up to an amp or anything and the cables moves in my guitar in the slightest i get a loud static noise. like if im sitting on my bed and i move and the cable moves in my guitar, it creates a loud noise. I can even grab the cable right where it plugs in my guitar and move it and it makes the same noise. I have no idea if its a short, something they did when they installed the pickup, or just a cheaply made guitar. Ive tried multiple amps and cables, its definitely the guitar. any ideas what it could be? Thanks!
They probably didn't solder in the ground, or shield the cables properly.

Edit: Oh, your talking about the instrument cable? well, just get a better cable. something that is shielded. Dimarzio makes some great ones, so does Fender (the California cables are awesome)
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Dec 8, 2011,
it's the jack. The tip contact inside there has become stressed and doesn't make a solid connection to the cable. Open the jack panel, and locate the post sticking up. it's got a groove pressed into it to seat the cable and hold it in. Press it toward the center of the jack so that it makes a better connection. replace the jack on the guitar and you're back in business. if that doesn't solve your problem it's a bad cable, and it should be discarded and replaced with a new one. Hope this helps.
Quote by dustinp
it's the jack. The tip contact inside there has become stressed and doesn't make a solid connection to the cable. Open the jack panel, and locate the post sticking up. it's got a groove pressed into it to seat the cable and hold it in. Press it toward the center of the jack so that it makes a better connection. replace the jack on the guitar and you're back in business. if that doesn't solve your problem it's a bad cable, and it should be discarded and replaced with a new one. Hope this helps.

I believe you fixed my problem! Thank you so much!