I'm trying a new approach, most of the stuff I do is either meta or heavy rock and I've grown a bit tired of it over the last year. So I' m moving about a bit more and freeing up some other styles.
This is still very much a rock vibe but I'm trying to invoke the sounds of the past. more 60's/70's kinda thing.

I'm caling it 'The Indy Project' and wil be starting a Facebook page, website and so on.
It's kinda International as well.

I'm based here in Birmingham England, I do al the bass and guitar work.
The Drums are done in New York By Jim Dooley, I've posted a link below if you want to check out his site for some decent drum tracks.

The link below is my Soundcloud account, please listen to the track and let us know if it's any good, or bad.

The song is meant to be loose and have a 'Improv jam' feel to it.

I'm aso looking for some one to sing on the track, I might do it I get drunk enough but if anyone of you would like to have a shot please let us know.

Thanks and remember to post your links I WILL COMMENT ON TRACKS, but sometimes I take a while. lol.

Peace.
http://soundcloud.com/indy_fire/til-im-dead

http://www.dooleydrums.com
Great stuff. Love the groove. The bass tone is awesome as is the guitar tone, especially with the wah. I think with some vocals in to define the structure more and add more melody, this would be something I would listen to regularly. Very Claptony, with hints of thee great Jimi.

Check mine if you get a moment please sir:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501221
Dude its really good, I mean really goood. I go to bars and cafes a lot and this is what people want to hear. Im more alternative, but you could easily go to a bar and just play this and they'll love it. Just rock dude, good work.
Quote by DanielShaw123
Great stuff. Love the groove. The bass tone is awesome as is the guitar tone, especially with the wah. I think with some vocals in to define the structure more and add more melody, this would be something I would listen to regularly. Very Claptony, with hints of thee great Jimi.

Check mine if you get a moment please sir:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501221

Cheers dude, High praise. Made my day.
I'm dying to get vocals put on there, it's either gonna have to be a drunk one though or get someone in.
I have another 2 tracks ready to roll with a similar vibe, Really liking my old stuff right now.
I was in a metal band but it killed my loe of it...the whole djent thing and breakdowns everywhere really singed it off for me.....plus cookie monster vocals.
But with this I can play guitar and have a sense of feel.

I heard your track as well. Liking it pretty awesome.
Rad jam man, reminds me of Jimi Hendrix quite a lot. and whoever did those drums is pretty kickass... I like it.

Maybe I'm weird but I feel like the guitar wasn't fuzzy enough, or that wasn't the sound you was after... It might fill the track up if you had a bit of reverb going aswell, although these are just my personal preferences.

I would try to work on your phrasing a bit more. It wasn't bad at all, but I had to try hard not to lose interest as it was just straight pentatonic solos for the most part.

Definitely keep going with this kind of style though, I like it man.

Check of this bluesy original if you want:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501422&highlight=alkaline+64
Quote by mxrider139
Dude its really good, I mean really goood. I go to bars and cafes a lot and this is what people want to hear. Im more alternative, but you could easily go to a bar and just play this and they'll love it. Just rock dude, good work.

Cheers mate, like I said above the local unsigned music scene is being flooded with dodgy stuff.
It's good to hear that there's folks out there that would like this song.
I was starting to think I was going off my guitar, and then it hit me just jam.
The three tracks I've got were all improvised and then redone to 'tidy' them up alittle.
but it was more to catpture my love of music then to bow down to any recent form of music.
Even the verse/chorus /etc are at different lengths and rarely where they are expected.
there's a few extended lead sections.....I am a guitarist after all.

I'll check your profile and comment there since you left me no links.
bout time we al made the effort to 'C4C' without just using it for a free comment.
Quote by Alkaline 64
Rad jam man, reminds me of Jimi Hendrix quite a lot. and whoever did those drums is pretty kickass... I like it.

Maybe I'm weird but I feel like the guitar wasn't fuzzy enough, or that wasn't the sound you was after... It might fill the track up if you had a bit of reverb going aswell, although these are just my personal preferences.

I would try to work on your phrasing a bit more. It wasn't bad at all, but I had to try hard not to lose interest as it was just straight pentatonic solos for the most part.

Definitely keep going with this kind of style though, I like it man.

Check of this bluesy original if you want:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501422&highlight=alkaline+64

as far as my playing goes, I ain't gonna lie....I've done nothing to learn guitar just a handful of chords and notes. I guess I feel safe and stick the notes I know work. Maybe it's time I learnt some scales, I can do an eastern thing, what's that phygian or something?
do know a good place to start? Mixilodian?....oh wait.....I think I've made that one up.

Good comments though I will work on it.
Quote by dopelope
This is truly some great stuff. You are on to something good. Keep it up, man! Like MxRider said, you could play this stuff anywhere and people will dig it.

Cheers dude there's more on the way, just don't want to flood it al out and get no feedback on it. =)
just good to relax sit back and jam to some tracks.
Quote by Indy_Fire
as far as my playing goes, I ain't gonna lie....I've done nothing to learn guitar just a handful of chords and notes. I guess I feel safe and stick the notes I know work. Maybe it's time I learnt some scales, I can do an eastern thing, what's that phygian or something?
do know a good place to start? Mixilodian?....oh wait.....I think I've made that one up.

Well, I'm not gonna lie either, I spent a good year learning scales, theory and other stuff like that, then abandoned my teacher and spent the next five years listening and learning to music I enjoyed which that put everything into perspective really. Not saying you should follow that advice, but it worked for me.

I would say, right now make sure you've got the fundamentals. Try learning modes and you'll most likely end up being really disheartened.
Quote by Alkaline 64
Well, I'm not gonna lie either, I spent a good year learning scales, theory and other stuff like that, then abandoned my teacher and spent the next five years listening and learning to music I enjoyed which that put everything into perspective really. Not saying you should follow that advice, but it worked for me.

I would say, right now make sure you've got the fundamentals. Try learning modes and you'll most likely end up being really disheartened.

I ordered me the best of Led zep and the Hendrix Experience tab books see if I can learn something from the 2 Jimis.
I think what you say about applying the theory to understand it is the best route...Run thoughs of a scale can be soul destroying....I'd like to learn some legato ech as wel for some fluid motion.