So yeah, here I am creating a 'what order' thread. Not that 'm completely lost but I'd like to hear others' opinions

basically I have the following chain atm:
God Box Tesla Fuzz
Morley PWA
Fab Flanger (that thing is better than you'd expect )
True Bypass box with Behringer Octaver in it
RP355
Fish n' Chips EQ

The setup is quite cool and does a great job for me

Anyawys today I just got this Overdrive Pedal by God Box. It's great and I am going to have it in place of RP355's overdrive. Anyways where do you think I should put the Overdrive now? after Morley or before the Tesla fuzz? It's also a true bypass (as the fuzz) and I have a 6m cable + sometimes I plug in my other fuzz which is a fuzz factory clone.. so all that cable might take some life out of the tone. Should I put the overdrive after the wah which is buffered bypass? (also I guess I liked the overdrive after wah more than before the wah)

I've also been thinking of putting the flanger after the RP355 but that might go over the delay pedal (which I use a lot, but I dont use flanger too much, usually for some weird sounds thruout the solo or something)

anyways lets see what you suggest
Quote by Vendetta V
So yeah, here I am creating a 'what order' thread. Not that 'm completely lost but I'd like to hear others' opinions

God Box Tesla Fuzz
Morley PWA
RP355
Fish n' Chips EQ

guitar -> Morley PWA -> God Box Tesla Fuzz -> RP355 -> Octaver -> flanger -> amp

shove the EQ where you need it, it is hard to explain how you need it though and is completely personal taste. there is lots of permutations that are perfectly acceptable with the setup.

Quote by Vendetta V
The setup is quite cool and does a great job for me

Anyawys today I just got this Overdrive Pedal by God Box. It's great and I am going to have it in place of RP355's overdrive. Anyways where do you think I should put the Overdrive now? after Morley or before the Tesla fuzz?

that is where i run it it. after the wah, before the fuzz.

Quote by Vendetta V
It's also a true bypass (as the fuzz) and I have a 6m cable + sometimes I plug in my other fuzz which is a fuzz factory clone.. so all that cable might take some life out of the tone. Should I put the overdrive after the wah which is buffered bypass? (also I guess I liked the overdrive after wah more than before the wah)

yeah, you'll get a bit more high mids doing that.

Quote by Vendetta V
I've also been thinking of putting the flanger after the RP355 but that might go over the delay pedal (which I use a lot, but I dont use flanger too much, usually for some weird sounds thruout the solo or something)

anyways lets see what you suggest

i run a stereo phaser after my stereo delay. it is a different style of approach and lends itself to particular techniques.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by kyle62
What amp?

I'd be looking at something like:

GUITAR ► Wah ► Octaver ► Fuzz ► Overdrive ► AMP

FX LOOP SEND ► Flanger ► RP355 ► EQ ► RETURN

II dont use an amp, I plug straight to a PA. RP's amp models are my main tone source

anyways guys Im quite surprised seeing you put Fuzz after wah, aint fuzz supposed to go right in front of the guitar? I personally have been doing so ad getting good results

Anyways I guess I'll try again between wah>overdrive and overdrive>wah and decide which I like more, then leave the rest like it is
Quote by Vendetta V
II dont use an amp, I plug straight to a PA. RP's amp models are my main tone source

Ah, well RP at the end then naturally.

Putting a drive pedal before the wah can really change the reponse and sound of it....personal preference for sure.
Quote by kyle62
Ah, well RP at the end then naturally.

Putting a drive pedal before the wah can really change the reponse and sound of it....personal preference for sure.

yeah and I still can't quite decide on which sounds better to me

also kind of found that overdrive >octaver>RP's amp with mid/hi gain is kinda not the best 'heavy octave' sound I've heard. I wonder if octaver before the overdrive is gonna help... can't check it out right now though :/
Hey, I got a "what order question" too.

Just had my Big Muff arrive today and wondering where to put it. I've just started with pedals so have got a few from ebay to try out.

Currently got: Guitar > Big Muff > Bad Monkey > Behringer Tube Overdrive (yeah, I know) > Boss DS2 > amp

Now I know I'm duplicating effects here, but I got the Bad Monkey set to highish gain and lowish level, and the other overdrive set at low drive, medium level. This gives a nice tone. Boss DS2 gives a good level of distortion, although I'm not planning on using it with the Big Muff all the time (or am I??)

So with the Big Muff, I've tried it various places, at the end, in front, inbetween the overdrives, and can't get it to sound quite right....

Any thoughts - or am I barking up the wrong tree?

BTW - Gretsch Double-jet / Danelectro 59 / Epi SG, into a Fender Mustang - playing mostly 70's British rock. Not that I need all these effects for most of it, I just want to do some extremely heavy riffs of my own.

Also, any thoughts on further effects I could do with? I know the Mustang amp has got lots of effects, but I'm planning on getting a reasonable tube amp soon... I think I need a Noise suppressor....

Your input counts!
Last edited by johnnyx0 at Dec 8, 2011,
I've heard it said many times that some fuzzes don't like buffers between them and the guitar. I have never bought a proper fuzz (i.e. don't consider a Big Muff a proper fuzz) so I don't have any experience with buffering in front of a fuzz.

I like my wah in front of OD and distortion.
Quote by johnnyx0
Hey, I got a "what order question" too.

Just had my Big Muff arrive today and wondering where to put it. I've just started with pedals so have got a few from ebay to try out.

Currently got: Guitar > Big Muff > Bad Monkey > Behringer Tube Overdrive (yeah, I know) > Boss DS2 > amp

Now I know I'm duplicating effects here, but I got the Bad Monkey set to highish gain and lowish level, and the other overdrive set at low drive, medium level. This gives a nice tone. Boss DS2 gives a good level of distortion, although I'm not planning on using it with the Big Muff all the time (or am I??)

So with the Big Muff, I've tried it various places, at the end, in front, inbetween the overdrives, and can't get it to sound quite right....

Any thoughts - or am I barking up the wrong tree?

BTW - Gretsch Double-jet / Danelectro 59 / Epi SG, into a Fender Mustang - playing mostly 70's British rock. Not that I need all these effects for most of it, I just want to do some extremely heavy riffs of my own.

Also, any thoughts on further effects I could do with? I know the Mustang amp has got lots of effects, but I'm planning on getting a reasonable tube amp soon... I think I need a Noise suppressor....

Your input counts!

Hmm I've never had an actual experience with Big Muff and pedal chains. I'd put it in the beginning and run it separately? what's wrong about the sound you get?

I've heard it said many times that some fuzzes don't like buffers between them and the guitar. I have never bought a proper fuzz (i.e. don't consider a Big Muff a proper fuzz) so I don't have any experience with buffering in front of a fuzz. I like my wah in front of OD and distortion.
yeah same here, it does change the tone and also changes the response to your guitar's volume pot which isn't a good thing for me so my rule of a thumb is fuzz goes first!
Quote by Vendetta V
Hmm I've never had an actual experience with Big Muff and pedal chains. I'd put it in the beginning and run it separately? what's wrong about the sound you get?

Just too much sound (even when run on it's own).... I reckon I'm just going to have to keep playing with the settings. A noise suppressor is going to really help, plus may get a compressor...
Quote by Vendetta V

God Box Tesla Fuzz
Morley PWA
RP355
Fish n' Chips EQ

What's the God Box all about?

hanji