Hey guys,

Need your opinion in this case. Which one of those should I buy?

The MArshall JCM 900 or a Handmade that is a clone of the Mark IV?

JCM 900 is easy known by us. To compare with the handmade, follow a few youtube clips of its sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyQ3_H2RWjE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3eELWIXPBY

They are more or less the same price... But the good thing is that if I intend to sell my amp further the JCM 900 has way more market than the handmade. The handmade is a lifetime amp... Very good, indeed, but I won't be able to sell it anymore.

I play mostly rock... Classic and modern, blues, metal and also pop-like songs (John Mayer).

I'm intending to stay with the handmade.

What you guys thing?
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
Custom WG Cab with 2x12 Eminence Swamp Thang

Line 6 POD HD500
I like the MK IV, looks funky and sounds good
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Well, you have to mod a JCM900 to do what you want without sounding like a pile of smeg. Modded amps are often harder to sell if they aren't done by somebody well known. In which case you may as well get the Mark IV clone, especially as it seems like that's the one you really want.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
311 is right. 900's have hardly kept their value. They are the cheapest "flagship" model Marshall on the market. They aint worth squat (with the exception of the SL/X).
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Hell, I'd get the Mark 4 clone just for all the switches.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s