Hey everyone,it's been many years since I posted on this forum...
Anyway here's my problem,I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Custom ebony and the thing is that the G string always goes out of tune after a solo or a bend...do you have the same problem as well?
Is there a way to fix this or is it permanent?

Also,the "gold" color is starting to fade..can I do something to keep it the way it was when I bought the guitar?
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
On the hardware fading.. Not sure if there is a fix.. Mine is fading too..

as for the G String.. How many winds do you have on the tuning post? and if you've got Grover tuners on it, try tightening the screw at the end of the tuner... is this a stop tail/Tune-o-matic system?
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Yes it's a stop tail/tune-o-matic bridge.
My pedals:
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
Quote by Ace Frehley
Yes it's a stop tail/tune-o-matic bridge.

Well, if the string is stretched and not new, it's got to be moving somewhere... If it's the only string going out of tune, that it's not the neck.. I'd check tuners first, if you've got at least 3 winds on each string, and the tuners are tight, the only other thing would be that the ball end of the string is coming loose..... That'll sort itself out pretty quick when it breaks out.. (also doesn't happen very often)

Check tuners first.
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
New strings? Maybe you're not getting enough wind around the peg. Also when you put a new string on, gently stretch it out to get rid of any movement or slipage the string has. Try that and if you're still getting issues with tuning perhaps it's a fault with the machine heads.

And no, as far as gold Epiphone hardware goes, it'll always fade and there's not alot you can do about it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Thank you gentleman!I'll have it repaired soon with new strings and a set-up at a local guitar store..

Rock'n'roll!
My pedals:
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
Make sure that whenever you tune a string you tune it UP to pitch. This stretches the string into place. If you go over the desired pitch when tuning, tune right back down to a note or two below your desired note, & tune it back up again.
Rock [James] Roll
As for the fading hardware? I read somewheer that if you spray some WD-40, on it and gently wipe it off so that there is a small amount left to act as a barrier? Ive never tried it. But thats what iver heard.
98' Peavey Wolfgang Special USA "Pat Pend"
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender Stickered Pinecaster Tele
Kramer 5150 Replica-GFS VEH
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
If it hasn't already got one, get a bone nut put on it. My Epi LP had MASSIVE tuning stability problems and I was advised by my local guitar tech/luthier that a bone nut would help more than new machine heads. It did, greatly! Still gonna get the machine heads replaced but it's not an urgent matter now as it never really goes out of tune anymore except for after excessive bending.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
If it hasn't already got one, get a bone nut put on it.

this.

most tuning problems that occur while bending are caused by the nut. as a cheap temporary solution some graphite from a pencil can do the job too.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
this.

most tuning problems that occur while bending are caused by the nut. as a cheap temporary solution some graphite from a pencil can do the job too.

these....every epiphone I have ever played had strings sticking in the nut slots