I live in NZ, and we barely ever get bands I want to see playing over here, it's really quite rare. However, the Foo Fighters are coming here on Tuesday, and there are still some tickets left. None of my friends are particularly into them, or were planning on going, but I thought "screw it, I like them I might just go". Now, i'm just wondering, is it weird to go alone? I do really want to see them, but i'd feel so weird just turning up there by myself.
Weird or not?

Also, I've never gone to a decent sized concert before, so I don't know what to expect/what to do.
Go, enjoy the atmosphere

either that or stand at the back and fap
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
When I did it I just felt awkward at the start, while waiting. Kinda lonely. As soon as the concert started, I just couldn't give a shit though.
Tell me who's that writin'...
First of all. for being a kiwi bro. Secondly I don't think it's weird, although I would prefer to go with friends.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
IF you want to go, go. **** everyone else.

As for what to do...um, watch the band play and enjoy the music?
Maybe smoke some pot or something.
I probably wouldn't mind so much in the future, but I dont really know how the whole, exactly when you should arrive and where to go/what to do thing works. Like, I wouldn't know what to do, I've never experienced it before.

On the other hand, I really just want to go. My parents promised me they would pay for my first concert, so I'm just waiting for a good one. I didn't even know about the Arch Enemy and Meshuggah concerts here a few years back, and I missed out on Metallica recently. Next year there is G3 though, so I'm just wondering whether to not go now, and get payed for tickets to that next year.
The last three gigs I've been to were on my own. I got chatting to other people during the first and last one though, and bumped into people I knew in the second one.

It's not weird though, it just feels a bit awkward to begin with, but then you'll get used to it.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I did it once, I even stood a bit in line and made some friends with the two girls in front of me Starting out alone doesn't mean you end up alone by the end of the concert, which is why I liked it. Would do it again if necessary
Ok, I guess I'll og then. Just need to find someone who has been there before and ask them stuff. Its like, a long as hell concert, so I'm just wondering how they organise toilets and where you stand and stuff like that lol
I do it all the time. no one I know listens to the stuff I like, so I just go by my self.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
KIWIIIII!!! Also it's only weird if you choose to let it be, you can have fun at a concert without friends, if you really like the band.
I really wouldn't like it. I feel awkward going to a show on my own, it makes me just about uncomfortable enough to not enjoy the music.
Ok, looking forward to that now
I need to go talk to someone who went to AC/DC at the same venue this year.
I want to ask how far away the worst tickets are, and like im just a bit confused, cause the pricing for the field right in front of the stage, and like, for the terraces, are the same and it doesn't specify between them, so I'm just confused about where ill actually be if i buy the good tickets :/
It's only weird if you make it weird.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I went to one alone a couple of weeks ago. But I saw loads of people I knew. I would do it though. Thinking of seeing Mastodon in February on my own.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Nothing wrong with it. I never actually have done it myself, considered it for a few shows but then decided I couldn't be fucked. The good thing about shows is that it's really easy to get chatting to people because you all have common ground, so it's not like you necessarily have to be a loner or anything. Once the show starts you won't care anyway.

Also, don't fret too much about what to do or anything. You just get there, hand them your ticket, and they'll tell you where to go (if it's a big show in an arena/field which it sounds like it is). I'd recommend getting standing tickets, way more fun.
*parp*
Quote by GoldfishMoon
Ok, I guess I'll og then. Just need to find someone who has been there before and ask them stuff. Its like, a long as hell concert, so I'm just wondering how they organise toilets and where you stand and stuff like that lol

You'll be able to find that stuff out when you're there. If you're really stuck there should be staff you can ask or something.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Ok, im almost def going then.
Just need to make sure I get there on time, because even though ill get the best tickets, I dont think its guranteed standing, so, just triyng to be sure about these things first.
Quote by GoldfishMoon
Ok, im almost def going then.
Good. You'll regret it big time if you miss it.
ggg1 ggg3

Just do it!!

Best concert I have been to I went on my own. Because I wasn't there enjoying it with my friends I ended up talking to loads of new people and even hanging out with the band after the show.

Go have a good time dance like a lunatic and enjoy the fact that you have nobody there that can slow you down!
go there by yourself and odds are that you will meet someone next you are something and you will be firends with them i meet a new friend at a concert each time i go so im pretty sure you wont be alone and mabey you'll meet a lady?
I've been to a concert alone, albeit an electronic one, easy to pick up on chicks at those ones because it seemed more like a fat party than a concert . Although why not get an extra ticket and try inviting a girl to come along.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Dec 8, 2011,
I went to see Weezer, Coheed, and Manchester Orchestra by myself. I wasn't going to let my lame-ass friends ruin that for me. I ended up having a pretty good time. Talked with a random group of people about Manchester and smoked with them for the remainder of the show.

Just enjoy yourself, man. Foos put on an awesome show.
Make some friends there. Light some joints and everyone will be your friend.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Just bring a knife in case you want to mosh.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Also don't get into fights
Dave will kick you out
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I made a thread about a year ago - I think the general consensus is that it's still a lot of fun. I can vouch for this, the concert I went to alone was
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Due07 would love to go see the Foo Fighters with you.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump