My guitarist for my school's Battle Of The Bands recently dropped out of my band, and we don't wish to replace him because we have no good guitarists at our school. We were going to play Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold and My Life For Hire by A Day To Remember, as well as an original, and these songs require two guitars.

However, most bands have 2 guitarists nowadays. I'm thinking doing a Disturbed song or something like that, but I need suggestions. There doesn't have to be one guitarists, just so that it can be performed by one guitarist and not be missing much.

So, suggestions?

TL;DR Need metal/rock song suggestions with only one guitar part (more or less)
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Roadhouse Blues - The Doors

Throw in some improv aswell
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Play a sonnet. I hear bishes love sonnets.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Pantera, Dream Theater, Hendrix, Metallica(you don't really need more then one guitar for it), The Mars Volta, and The Sex Pistols.
Do something bluesy and full of emotion. Make em cry.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Television - Prove It. (Tom Verlaine).
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by behind_you
White Stripes?
Certainly makes sense.

Just watch some live videos (a lot of their recorded songs have overdubs).
Well judging by your musical taste, something filled with lame teenage angst lyrics and pseudo heavy riffing. Even a 3 minute long breakdown will do the trick
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
Well judging by your musical taste, something filled with lame teenage angst lyrics and pseudo heavy riffing. Even a 3 minute long breakdown will do the trick

Well, look who's a cuntface.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
You can do Beast and The Harlot with one guitar if the harmonies aren't essential to you.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by Snowman388
Well, look who's a cuntface.

That's my middle name
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Zeppelin. It's got shredding, emotion, one guitar, slow bits, awesome riffs and it's technical, so you can show off a little bit.
Brain Drill

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Zeppelin... technical...

wut
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Ometh

Says the man who likes Cannibal Corpse and Fleshgod Apocalypse. Know what I think of that, good sir?

/takingpiss
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Says the man who likes Cannibal Corpse and Fleshgod Apocalypse. Know what I think of that, good sir?

/takingpiss

LOL D00D CUNNIBUL CORPS ARE SO LIKE F00KING BR00TUHL YOUMUST BE LIEK THOSE FAGS THAT HAS DIFERENT MUSICAL TASTES SO I MUST FLAME YOU IN A SOMEWHAT ANOYING AND CHILDISH FASHION.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You could probably get away with My Life for Hire with only one guitar.

Eh, I have no suggestions though. Good luck.
Use your intense knowledge of Music theory and condense all the guitar parts into one!
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Seriously, if you have a solid drummer and your bass player turns the volume up, a second guitarist just gets in the way sometimes. Give it a shot, and at the worst, it's a battle of the bands gig; it's not the end of the world.
Experiment. Who gives a ****?
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
Quote by nick_b
Seriously, if you have a solid drummer and your bass player turns the volume up, a second guitarist just gets in the way sometimes. Give it a shot, and at the worst, it's a battle of the bands gig; it's not the end of the world.
Experiment. Who gives a ****?

This. I actually hate playing with a second guitar, I just can't handle it. In original songs I don't want to have to worry if a bit I play will fit in with the other guitars part. For me it's either a keyboardist or a loud, thick-sounding bassist.
West Ham United
I +1 the Pantera motion.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
You can go for some Lamb of God
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
^your answer is above me.

actually, if you were to ask me, have very one smoke 5 joints and play Dopesmoker

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Last edited by moscaespañol at Dec 9, 2011,