Is it possible to get some decent 7-string passive pickups? If so, what are some good types?
Most pickup manufacturers do 7/8 string pickups. If there is any particular brand you like, look on thier website to see what's available. You could even email them and ask if you can't find any information about them on thier website. Personally, I would recommend either Bare Knuckle, or DiMarzio.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 8, 2011,
I am personally a big fan of the Seymour Duncan Fullshred in seven-strings, they do not work for every guitar though, what sort of build do you have?
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
I'm getting a Schecter Omen-7 (budget, I know, but it works for me, haha). The replacing of the pickups is a more long-term thing, I'm just curious to know what's out there.

I was looking at Seymour Duncan 7-String Blackouts or EMG 707's, but a few people have told me that active pickups can be a pain in the arse and recommended passive humbuckers. But then, I've seen lots of people talking them right up, so I dunno, I need to win lotto so I can buy a few guitars with different types of pickups to try them out!
Quote by staceap

I was looking at Seymour Duncan 7-String Blackouts or EMG 707's, but a few people have told me that active pickups can be a pain in the arse and recommended passive humbuckers. But then, I've seen lots of people talking them right up, so I dunno, I need to win lotto so I can buy a few guitars with different types of pickups to try them out!

Actives have a very specific sound and it's something that some people cannot stand - try a schecter hellraiser or blackjack atx that is loaded with 707s or blackouts to hear if you like the active sound. if not go with bareknuckle, dimarzio or seymour duncan for passives. the x2n 7 is very popular for a high output 7 string passive
Why would actives be a pain in the ass? If it´s because the battery you shouldn´t worry about it. If you unplug guitar when you´re not playing,the battery last for many.,many months.Maybe a year... I have hellraiser and 707s on it. Hell,you get really tight distortion and also nice cleans. It´s more up to personal taste though...
Quote by gman128
Actives have a very specific sound and it's something that some people cannot stand - try a schecter hellraiser or blackjack atx that is loaded with 707s or blackouts to hear if you like the active sound. if not go with bareknuckle, dimarzio or seymour duncan for passives. the x2n 7 is very popular for a high output 7 string passive

the x2n 7 sounds good, what do you use to complement it? Or do you use two of them?
Petrucci's crunchlab and liquifire combo comes in a seven string model. Warm cleans, searing leads.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra