Hey Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm just wondering... who here likes to listen to jizz?

I love jazz, especially when played well. My favourite jazz singer is Ella Fritzgard. Here's an interview:

You were in the hospital last fall. How is it being back on the road? Fitzgerald: I’m thankful that I’m up and working again. I’ve been having a ball singing in places like Dallas and San Francisco, and I’m happy the way people have received me. The audiences have been wonderful. Have you modified your touring schedule in recent years? We don’t work as much as we used to, but we still try to get to as many places as we can. Are you working on an album? There’s a record with [guitarist] Joe Pass that I’m working on, and I’ve got a couple other things in mind. Lately we’ve been touring a lot. When we stop I’ll be ready to finish the album with Joe. What do you think of critics who try to classify you as a jazz or a pop singer? I don’t know what I am. I don’t care whether people call me jazz or pop. I just love to sing, and I try to sing whatever I think people want to hear. Songs that fit my style. Do you have many modern pop songs in your repertoire right now? Some of them I like—some of the songs that I think fit me. Tunes by Paul Williams and Stevie Wonder. I try to reach my jazz fans, but I also like to reach young people. Of the albums you’ve made, what are your personal favorites? Well, you always wish you could do certain albums over. I like the Songbooks—it was like a new beginning for me. It gave me a chance to broaden my repertoire and make more fans. No matter where we go people ask me for those tunes, even though the albums were made so long ago. How would you compare yourself to your great contemporary Billie Holiday? There was only one Billie Holiday. She had a different type of feeling than I do. She had her own original style, and nobody could touch it. Are you happy with the way your career has progressed? I’m grateful to be as popular as I am, and happy to have been popular for so many years. Who wouldn’t be?You were in the hospital last fall. How is it being back on the road? Fitzgerald: I’m thankful that I’m up and working again. I’ve been having a ball singing in places like Dallas and San Francisco, and I’m happy the way people have received me. The audiences have been wonderful. Have you modified your touring schedule in recent years? We don’t work as much as we used to, but we still try to get to as many places as we can. Are you working on an album? There’s a record with [guitarist] Joe Pass that I’m working on, and I’ve got a couple other things in mind. Lately we’ve been touring a lot. When we stop I’ll be ready to finish the album with Joe. What do you think of critics who try to classify you as a jazz or a pop singer? I don’t know what I am. I don’t care whether people call me jazz or pop. I just love to sing, and I try to sing whatever I think people want to hear. Songs that fit my style. Do you have many modern pop songs in your repertoire right now? Some of them I like—some of the songs that I think fit me. Tunes by Paul Williams and Stevie Wonder. I try to reach my jazz fans, but I also like to reach young people. Of the albums you’ve made, what are your personal favorites? Well, you always wish you could do certain albums over. I like the Songbooks—it was like a new beginning for me. It gave me a chance to broaden my repertoire and make more fans. No matter where we go people ask me for those tunes, even though the albums were made so long ago. How would you compare yourself to your great contemporary Billie Holiday? There was only one Billie Holiday. She had a different type of feeling than I do. She had her own original style, and nobody could touch it. Are you happy with the way your career has progressed? I’m grateful to be as popular as I am, and happy to have been popular for so many years. Who wouldn’t be?

Discuss.
you could have just posted a link to the interview, you know.

also, there is a Blues & Jazz forum, i'm sure you'll find jazz fans there.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777

No need to be snooty about it. You and the rest of you. Go fly a kite if you don't wanna contribute.
Quote by theogonia777

But not jizz fans
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Holy mother of christ, there is no way anyone will ever read that.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Represent
No need to be snooty about it. You and the rest of you. Go fly a kite if you don't wanna contribute.

And THAT is how you go from being a noob to being a dick. Good work.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Erm, cool story bro?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
love jizz <3
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
Quote by cam_sampbell
Erm, cool story bro?
Why? Why this BS? I've never seen all this crap on other threads unless they deserved it. I just wanted to express my love of jazz and you guys be mean. Stop being so cruel, people.
Quote by Represent
Why? Why this BS? I've never seen all this crap on other threads unless they deserved it. I just wanted to express my love of jazz and you guys be mean. Stop being so cruel, people.

Maybe if you didn't present us with a gigantic wall of text, then we might be more appreciative.

Or maybe if you posted it in the Blues and Jazz forum...
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
There was a song I used to listen to that I mixed with a rain noise generator and it was freaking awesome, but I really don't know if it was jazz, to tell you the truth, i don't even know what jazz sounds like

PS: I wrote that thinking you are talking about Jazz, if you are indeed talking about jizz, then I worry for you.
Quote by Represent

I was gonna stick up for you, but you said you're a long time lurker...you really didn;t think anyone would bitch about the wall of text after lurking through so many threads?

oo and I appreciate jazz music, but its not really the type of thing i like to listen to.
Quote by Represent

/obligatory:

Quote by VillainousLatin
There was a song I used to listen to that I mixed with a rain noise generator and it was freaking awesome, but I really don't know if it was jazz, to tell you the truth, i don't even know what jazz sounds like

PS: I wrote that thinking you are talking about Jazz, if you are indeed talking about jizz, then I worry for you.
You're an stupid idiot.

Quote by cam_sampbell
Maybe if you didn't present us with a gigantic wall of text, then we might be more appreciative.

Or maybe if you posted it in the Blues and Jazz forum...

Quote by High&Mighty
I was gonna stick up for you, but you said you're a long time lurker...you really didn;t think anyone would bitch about the wall of text after lurking through so many threads?

oo and I appreciate jazz music, but its not really the type of thing i like to listen to.
Yeah I didn't. Most cases, the pit consists of very helpful people
Quote by Ometh
Holy mother of christ, there is no way anyone will ever read that.

thisx2084447889302
My sig? Nice.
Quote by Represent

That fact that you expected everyone to read that huge onslaught of text is amusing.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
It's An Adbot
What a baseless stupid accusation. What the hell made you think that retart?

Quote by Minkaro
Lol

It's a very vague topic OP, discuss what, jazz? There are so many aspects of it, it can't possibly fit into one thread, that's why there's an entire subforum for it. And if you are going to post such a lengthy post, make sure to use paragraphs
bored of this now.

post in the right place.

use paragraphs next time.

etc.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o