Okay Pit, we always hear about favorite pianists, guitarists, singists, and drummists, but I want to know who your favorite maraca players are. I think the best maraca player of all time was Jim Morrison. What do you guys think?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Wasn't he in Queen?

No, he played sax for the Beatles.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
No, he played sax for the Beatles.

that was brian epstein.
I know somebody's going to say he's overrated, but he's good at what he does.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Wasn't he in Queen?

No, he was the lead singer of The Cult. Later he worked with Slash on the song "Ghost". Sadly his vocal abilities have dimininished over the years.

Though I didn't like his maraccas playing in Electric ladyland.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_mUKw719OA My school band went on a trip to Montreal last year and we witnessed this guy's master's performance with this number in it. I've actually never been so impressed by maraca playing.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Quote by Kensai

Though I didn't like his maraccas playing in Electric ladyland.

What are you talking about? Hendrix broke his hand before that was recorded, and Jim played the guitar parts.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by whoomit
I know somebody's going to say he's overrated, but he's good at what he does.
*travis*

Honestly, I think he's become so overrated he's actually underrated again.

You hear about maraca players all the time though.
What you don't hear enough of is Hang Instrument players
Dat skill
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Honestly, I think he's become so overrated he's actually underrated again.

He may not be the best drummer in the world, but he's definitely up with the top maraca players.
Dimebag, may he rest in peace
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah, it was Jim Morrison on the earlier albums at least.

didn't he play trumpet?
Quote by vagelier
didn't he play trumpet?

No, that was Leonard Cohen.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
No, that was Leonard Cohen.

nu-uh bruh. he played the clarinet: