its my first time riding an airplane.. and i was wondering how many carry-on luggage are allowed?? i plan on taking my guitar in a hardcase and if i do take it in the plane, what happens if it doesn't fit in the overhead bin??

i was thinking about just placing it in the carriage but i don't really trust the people working in the airport... so i just want to carry it myself.

anyways, thanks in advance people.
Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
Quote by vagabond09
what happens if it doesn't fit in the overhead bin??
It's put in a special compartment and you'll get it back by the end of the flight
ggg1 ggg3

You should probably contact the airline
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
No it's not, Flight attendants will not take your guitar for you. BUT It will almost always fit perfectly into an overhead bin. Mine did and I took 4 planes on my round trip to vancouver. As long as it's not oversized, they usually fit just about perfectly.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
i tried contacting them but they're always busy.

how many carry-on luggages are allowed??
Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
Quote by vagabond09
i tried contacting them but they're always busy.

how many carry-on luggages are allowed??

Typically one.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Well I think it depends on where you're boarding and where you're going. I took twice my guitar to and from Europe and I had no problems with it. I also had a backpack with me because everyone knows that you can't carry shit on your guitar case. I hadanormal gig bag, not a real case.
I had to put my pedals in my clothes luggage and when I opened my bag my entire contents were strewn about because they thought my pedals were bombs or something

Needless to say I put them on top on my way home!
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Just remember to slacken the strings before you send it away
DeVillains!
it varies by airline. i have been on some where it has to be checked and others where it is a-ok on board
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
You need to give us more info. What is the airline? Where are you going? How long is the flight? Are you checking baggage in as well?

You'd easily be able to find it by not being so stupid and just looking on the airlines website.

Normally, youäll be allowed one piece of hand luggage which has to be way smaller than a guitar. I doubt they'd let you put it in the overhead compartment. In europe, you'd have to either buy an extra seat on the flight, or have it checked in like other big bags.
Depends on the airline man, I've been on planes pretty much non-stop for the last 2 years.

At one point I was carrying 2 guitars and a backpack around with me .. I could check 'em all no problem .. they say as long as the total weight of checked shit isn't over 20kg it's fine.

But I've seen a couple airlines where you can only check 1 thing, that ****ed me over a little bit .. just look into it.
Get Travel insurance, first of all. If it breaks you can expect the airline to tell you to get ****ed.
Typically though (At least to my knowledge in Australia (Friend worked as a baggage handler for Virgin Blue for a couple of years)) luggage is sorted and stacked so that the heaviest things go on the bottom and lightest on the top. I'm assuming they wouldn't be stupid enough to put a guitar on the bottom
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.