Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new guitar *well receive one for Christmas* but you get the point I need a little advice.

So you know in advance what I'm looking to play here are bands I want to sound somewhat like: Structures, Volumes, Meshuggah, The Contortionist. I'm going for the progressive "djent" sound...

I'm looking into buying a Schecter Hellraiser C-1. Two of my friends have the original C-1 and they absolutely love them. So here comes the challenging part.

What are the best pickups for that djenty sound?

Is the whammy attachment a must-have?

And do you guys have any other suggestions for guitars that can handle the djent, hardcore, metal sound, as well as a great clean channel?

Thanksssss!!!!
Whammy bar=versatility. You can always not use it, or take the bar out of the bridge if you want.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
You don't need a whammy bar, but it is a fun tool that can create interesting sounds.

Try some Ibanez with a mahogany body if you like chunky sounds.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
youd be better with a 7 for djenty sounds. get the c7 if you want a schecter or an ibanez
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
What budget are you on my friend? I've been browsing through guitars for christmas for about half a year now. I now seem to know every good guitar for every genre at every price point after flicking through page after page after page.
Quote by ffbarton
What budget are you on my friend? I've been browsing through guitars for christmas for about half a year now. I now seem to know every good guitar for every genre at every price point after flicking through page after page after page.

Anywhere between 700 and 1500 but the latter is pushing it I would rather it be under a thousand.
Have you had a look at the Fender Telecaster Jim Root Telecaster? My friend has it and its an absolute dream to play. The fretboard is ebony so its perfect for fast metal solos. And it has locking tuners. Things that may bother you are that its an artist model, but its subtle with a only small signature on the rear of the head. Also it has EMG pickups and many people are strongly against the sound that these produce. I'm not sure about you. Despite the criticism, these are some of the most versatile pickups around. With a great clean sound and an above average blues and crunch sound. But the focus is on the metal sound. Its simply fantastic. This comes in around 750 i think.
Or for 50 quid extra, you could get the PRS SE in emerald green. It is simply the nicest guitar i've ever played. It has a whammy bar which you suggested. Its a mahogany body with an ebony fretboard also. Its absolutely beautiful. It also features EMG pickups, but the ones on this seemed to produce a much warmer clean channel than the Jim Root. Wether thats down to the body or what i'm not sure. It simply has amazing playability. It comes in at 799.

http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/index.php/prs-se-paul-allender-signature-emerald-green-electric-guitar.html#