I've had an Ibanez RG320 for awhile that I recently just took out for the first time in years (new strings, cleaned everything, setup bridge properly). A lot of the metal parts around the bridge are rusted/pitted, trem bar is very loose and falls out often (definitely can't be used live), and it doesn't keep tune very well. I'm looking into buying a new floyd rose bridge to replace it, but I don't know what the difference is between say a $25 one off ebay(link) and a $200 one from amazon (link) . Could somebody shed some light on this for me? Also, any tips on which models would fit my guitar without having to cut into the body?
Last edited by iamkevin1783 at Dec 8, 2011,
Floyd rose bridges are prone to corrosion and rusting, and you get what you pay for. The less expensive you get the more chance you'll have to replace it again in the next two years.
The cheap one will be made of crap metals, soft knife edges will wear quickly, the metals will rust and pit quickly, the tuning stability isnt likely to be very good, the fine tuners probably wont be very good either.

The $200 Gotoh one however will be very good.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man