I've got a Standard Strat but I've heard lot's of good things about the Squire 50's Classic Vibe telecaster's, they sound good but I just wanted to know what you guys thought of them
I think they're good. The CV series are pretty nice for the price. Although, there's way too much hype about them.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JustRooster
Best squier new on the market, I think.

i just sent you a gear review request.
Quote by JKHC
I think they're good. The CV series are pretty nice for the price. Although, there's way too much hype about them.

agree .. theres something in the neck finish i dont like and feel .. its like a glossy "orange" color . make the wood seem "unnatural" if that make any sense . i never liked the " tinted glossy neck " , thats a personal choice but id say to take a look at it in store first to see what im talking about .

playability was good i guess .

i would go used mexican standard over new squier CV anytime .

They might be good but they nowhere feel as great and smooth as my 2004 american standard stratocaster . so anyone who say "its on par with a standard U.s.a Fender for 1/3 of the price is plainly crazy " .

So if you can get the CV used for cheap .ok .. for 350 $ .. well i guess its good "for the price" . but theres no way its a high end instrument .

try to get it used . or go used mexican standard .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 8, 2011,
^^the CVs are around $350 new.

But yeah, I prefer the MIMs but there isn't really a huge difference in quality. The resale value on a MIM will be much better. If you buy a used fender for around $300 you should easily be able to get back at least $200, you'll probably get back everything you paid maybe even more.

Try a MIM and a CV and then decide.

As I said.......way too much hype.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I love my BSB 50's CV. I actually really like the neck, it feels great and the action is very low with no fret buzz. It's really a great player (for me anyway). I bought this to satisfy my tele GAS and it does that quite nicely. I don't see the need to mod it or get rid of it. I have a few "high end" guitars and I must say that this guitar plays and sounds on par with much more expensive models. Is it a $2000 guitar? No, but it's made of pine and the finish is quite simple. It's probably the most "basic" guitar I have ever played but I'm quite pleased with it. Don't care that it says Squier.
Time Guitars Inc-Prime Time; Warmoth Custom Strat; LTD MH-350NT; Xaviere XV-560; Squier CV-50 Tele; Gibson LP Traditional Plus; Fender American Deluxe Strat; Fender American Special Strat; Martin Acoustic; Silvertone Blues Master ; Kramer Focus