When I hit an open string its dead on the note but on the 12th fret is sharp, but the 12th string harmonic is dead on. This happens with all of the strings; high E being the worst and low E being only a little off. The high E is almost an F on the 12th fret while the low E is only +20. I'm using a Epiphone SG with a tune-o-matic bridge
Intonation is off...

there's a set up thread here that probably explains how to adjust that..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
Intonation is off...

there's a set up thread here that probably explains how to adjust that..

+1

ya intonation is messed up. easy fix. no big deal, just need to put in a little time tweeking it
Don"t Be A Bitch.
the adjusters for the strings are maxed and it stills is a little sharp, moving the bridge or the saddle up change that?
Maxed which way?..

If it's fretting sharp.. you need to lengthen the string, or move the saddle towards the rear of the guitar...

of course checking any adjustment needs to be done with the string in tune, in the playing position..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
I got the 12th harmonic to be right on with the open string but the 12th fret is still sharp
The 12th harmonic should always be right on with the open string. That's the definition of a harmonic, it's not something you can adjust. Are you retuning in between adjusting the intonation screws?
Take all the strings off, flip the bridge around, and try it that way. TOM bridges give you more adjustment room in one direction than another.

Or you're fretting way too hard, pulling the string sharp.
Or your neck is not adjusted properly.
Intonation this far off is a sign that something is seriously wrong.
I'm not fretting it to hard and the adjuster is maxed towards the rear and its the string is still +20 or so sharp. Maxing it out helped a little it not as sharp but still sharp
Last edited by tCrafty at Dec 8, 2011,
Right now the adjustment screws are facing the pickup, you said flipping it around would give it more adjustment room?
starting to sound like you need to take the guitar into a tech and let them sort it out... hard to diagnose without seeing the instrument...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
I got he E A and D right on, but the G B E and are all like +20 with the adjuster maxed towards the rear
I think I figured it out, the G B E saddles where facing the other way then the E A D strings so I took off the bridge and im flipping em now, going to see if that fixes it
Quote by tCrafty
I think I figured it out, the G B E saddles where facing the other way then the E A D strings so I took off the bridge and im flipping em now, going to see if that fixes it

most TOM bridges are like that, but check and see if it works.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate