I'm having trouble playing breakdowns because most of them involve alternative picking of power chords at a high speed.

The speed of it is not an issue, it's that I have to use power chords while doing it.
I try to do it and it doesn't sound quite right and then I end up getting off speed and it screws up because if that extra string.

Halp plz
How can I make this easier?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Practice. Alternatively, play in a drop Tuning so you can do those one finger power chords.
Try to play something else rather than HEVY METAL ZOGM! j/king suit yourself with your taste lulz. As for what to do - try putting the palm on the bridge in a more subtle manner. If you need to practice alternate picking I'd recommend you go through a few Lamb Of God songs, not only are they brilliant but they have astounding breakdowns (e.g. Hourglass) which differ greatly from rubbish such as OPEN POWER CHROD FTW!
The song I'm learning is A Prophecy by asking alexandria
the whole song is like a breakdown lol
It's in Drop D and I do the open D power chord throughout the song for the most part
I'll try these ideas out
thanks
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Metallicuh
The song I'm learning is A Prophecy by asking alexandria
the whole song is like a breakdown lol
It's in Drop D and I do the open D power chord throughout the song for the most part
I'll try these ideas out
thanks

Thats all asking alexandria is....a breakdown
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
Wanna practise your muting... play Parkway Drive. That'll destroy your right arm with DEM TRIPL0TZ.