Hey guys! I am looking to buy a delay pedal, but never have owned one before so basically I have no idea what would be a good one.

I play mostly hard rock and metal. Think Protest the Hero, A7X, Mastodon, Fall of Troy, BTBAM, Rise Against, ect.

I can probably pay around 100 USD, though going over a little isn't completely out of the question.

I started searching on my own but really had no idea what to look for so I came hear since you guys have much more experience. Thanks!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I have a DL4, which is really good cuz it has a lot of different sounding delays and tap tempo (which you most likely want)
but
it's really bad cuz it cost 250, which was a bit over priced to me as far as value.

You probably don't need one with as many delays as that, but that's my personal info on it
Quote by theknuckster
Boss DD-7!

Edit: ignore that; didn't see budget

Actually I just looked and it's like $100 off on Amazon at the moment. It's going for about $150. I might be able to do that if it's a good pedal.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
You should check out the Digitech Digidelay. Some people say it's similar to the DD-7
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Its a little over, but the TC Electronic Flashback is AMAZING! The delays that come on tap are all really cool and useful, it has a looper if you need it, AND if you want a tone print from Mastodon, they have a few for the Flashback. It has a stereo option, kill dry switch (inside) there's another switch inside but I forget what it does, and its true bypass.

Also, if you have an iPhone or Android, you can get their free app with all the tone prints. When everything is hooked up, you can send new tone prints via your phone into the guitar pickups. They run about $150.
look used and try to save a bit more, if you do that you can get a pretty sweet delay pedal
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Ok guys, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I guess I will save up a little more which isn't a problem.

Thanks!
___

Quote by The_Blode
I would say the DL4 is a great choice for your needs, or any need for that matter. I see them for around $100 on Craigslist all the time and on Ebay. Another cool delay that can be had for around $100 is the Vox Time Machine. It is Joe Satriani's signature delay and is very capable of nearly any delay sound you could want.