Page 1 of 2
You know you're a bassist when...

You walk to the park in Em.
You are cooler than a guitarist, smarter than a drummer, and a better singer than the singer.
You utilize slap technique to win thumb wrestling.
Your songs are posted on the refrigerator. Next to the guitarists baby pictures, and the Pizza Hut magnet.
The word 'Gibson' makes you shudder.

Follow suit!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You know you're a bassist when you gave up playing guitar!!!
You know you're a bassist when nobody notices you unless you're not there!!!
You know you're a bassist when you have been replaced with a mini fridge in the jam space!!!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
When you accept that this forum isn't what it used to be.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
When you accept that this forum isn't what it used to be.

that sounds like getting old.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

You know you're a bassist when your neighbors tell you they've got a new baby and you ask how many strings does it have?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
You know you're a bassist when your neighbors tell you they've got a new baby and you ask how many strings does it have?

You sir are a hero
( ^_^)>+1 I believe this belongs to you
Currently tormenting: FleaBass Street bass, Dean Edge 10A PJ, Wesley Acrylic 5, Fender Strat, Ibanez GRG250, H&S 6.
AMPS: Kustom Defender, Laney 300

Officer: How high are you?
My buddy: No officer, it's 'Hi how are you?'
You know you're a bassist when you can poke holes on your fingertips.
You know you're a bassist when you play the guitar like the bass (index-middle)
You know you're a bassist when you actually know the names of the notes, and know how to play them.
Eh Lol
Quote by Hammerzeit
This forum really isn't what it used to be though.

of course it isn't. everyone's older, gone, and the newness has worn off for many of us who were once learning and spreading what we learned to others.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

You know you're a bassist when you have to focus to listen to the guitar solo underneath the roaring bass line.
Smoke 'em 'til ya die.
You know you're a bassist when your brain has swollen to the size of a plum after a night of hard drinking.
Quote by infectednations
You sir are a hero
( ^_^)>+1 I believe this belongs to you

Sigged for massive ego purposes!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I resent the remark about shuddering at the mention of Gibson.

Anyway.
When you're twice as buff as the rest of the band from lifting giant cabs and tube heads around.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Last edited by lifesglorydead at Dec 9, 2011,
Quote by FatalGear41
Sigged for massive ego purposes!

Predictable, but totally understandable and justified...

You know you're a bassist when you shake hands with the left so you can cripple the other guy's hand with your brand new 0.45 strings trained fingers.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
You know your a bassist when everyone asks why your guitar has only four strings.
Quote by tonello
You know your a bassist when everyone asks why your guitar has only four strings.

dear god.

You know you're a bassist when the girl sits on your amp, and not the guitarists.
Quote by thunderbritches
I would still call him a regular musician...just a very irregular person lol

Warwick Pro Series Corvette
Hartke HA 3500
Genz Benz LS410
Quote by tonello

They don't ask me that

You know you're a bassist when you've parked your car in a parking lot that didn't have any parking space lines and went, "Ooh, fretless!"
THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

DREAM THEATER

THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT

SEVENTH WONDER

MUSICMAN BONGO 6HH
EBS REIDMAR

YOUTUBE
TWITTER
TUMBLR
When people ask why is your rig is bigger than the guitarists.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by BassMasta121
They don't ask me that

You know you're a bassist when you've parked your car in a parking lot that didn't have any parking space lines and went, "Ooh, fretless!"

That actually made me LOL hard.

you know you're a bassist when you jam with anyone and get to make their senseless random note playing an actual hearable thing, and make them feel they can play and sound good...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
when your called "groovy"
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
when your favourite part of the song isn't the exstensive flashy guitar solo,it's the one itty bitty little fill in the verse
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Ian hawkins
when your favourite part of the song isn't the exstensive flashy guitar solo,it's the one itty bitty little fill in the verse

This a thousand times.
Smoke 'em 'til ya die.
these are definitely my favorites so far:

You utilize slap technique to win thumb wrestling.

You know you're a bassist when nobody notices you unless you're not there!!!

You know you're a bassist when you actually know the names of the notes...

You know you're a bassist when you have to focus to listen to the guitar solo underneath the roaring bass line.

You know you're a bassist when the girl sits on your amp, and not the guitarists

You know you're a bassist when you've parked your car in a parking lot that didn't have any parking space lines and went, "Ooh, fretless!" (I've never done this, but it made me laugh)
You know you are the bassist when:

-You write the guitarists parts on top of your own
-Can sing better than your singer
-Made this band what it is!
-Get no recognition for it
when your amp is ten times the watts of your guitarist yet you still get over powerd
You know you're a bassist when people say you're too loud simply because they can hear you.
When you get laid after every gig and then have to write letters to your gran saying thanks for the check cause you were broke.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
You know you're a bassist when you can pick out the bass lines in almost any song, ever. When your guitarist has to buy a 150 watt tube head to keep up with your rig.
when you can put out cigarretes with your fingertips.
your instrument is the longest.
Give a man a fish and he'll be hungry tomorrow,but put his ass in fishnets and someone will buy him dinner-Gene Simmons
Quote by Ian hawkins

Absolutely this.

You are cooler than the guitarist because slapping works better on your instrument.
You are comfortable with your penis size so it doesn't matter that you're not up front shredding solos.
Main Basses:
Warwick RB Corvette 5
Douglas Sculptor 825 NA Fretless 5

Main Rig:
Sansamp>GK Backline 600>2 GK BLX 210 Cabinets
Page 1 of 2