Hey guys. Still waiting on some pedals to come in and have the patch cables and powering solutions on the way. Now I want something to attach the pedals to. I was going to order a Pedal Train Pro(the biggest they offer) but decided to wait until most of my pedals were in to see if it would be large enough. It doesn't look like it will suffice. I do have a Gigrig Midi-14 which is about the size of a multi-effects processor along with 10 individual pedals ranging in size from the Strymon Timeline to a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner. Are there any boards/kits that are larger than the Pedal Train Pro that can be ordered(not custom made)?? I really like the look of the PedalTrain and that it comes with a softcase but I fear it won't fit all my pedals. Any experiences/ideas??
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
whats the surface area of your pedals total if you can calculate that?

pedal boards take planning. Unless you've been collecting and collecting, then now its time for organizing. Lol

I know quite a few ways you can build your own, just like PedalTrain for a bit less. They are quite a deal though. The hard case is the big cost.
Quote by ASJerrell
whats the surface area of your pedals total if you can calculate that?

pedal boards take planning. Unless you've been collecting and collecting, then now its time for organizing. Lol

I know quite a few ways you can build your own, just like PedalTrain for a bit less. They are quite a deal though. The hard case is the big cost.

Haven't quite worked out the exact surface area but I mapped out the dimensions for the Pedaltrain Pro and the pedals I had at the time(more have been delivered since) and the free space left was not promising lol. I will be ordering the softcase version as I will be having it shipped from the US to Australia. I don't want to go the standard plywood route because I want vents so I can hid my cables and also want the space underneath so I can tuck my Cioks power supply under there.. I was thinking of getting the Pedaltrain pro and attaching a 2nd tier bridge(that can hold maybe 5 pedals on top) but don't know of any manufacturers.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by bogg808
Get the Pedaltrain Grande

Just found out about it now, supposedly supply is limited at the moment as it's a trial run to see if the market wants the Grande so getting one might not be so easy or expeditious.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by Megadeth09
Hey guys. Still waiting on some pedals to come in and have the patch cables and powering solutions on the way. Now I want something to attach the pedals to. I was going to order a Pedal Train Pro(the biggest they offer) but decided to wait until most of my pedals were in to see if it would be large enough. It doesn't look like it will suffice. I do have a Gigrig Midi-14 which is about the size of a multi-effects processor along with 10 individual pedals ranging in size from the Strymon Timeline to a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner. Are there any boards/kits that are larger than the Pedal Train Pro that can be ordered(not custom made)?? I really like the look of the PedalTrain and that it comes with a softcase but I fear it won't fit all my pedals. Any experiences/ideas??

use fewer pedals?
Quote by westley23j
use fewer pedals?

Can't Each pedal does a different effect...
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Planner Have you tried this site yet? You can get some idea of how things will fit in the Pedaltrain Pro with the java/flash app on it. Check it out
I have an older version of the LYT pedal board, and it's been great so far.

http://lytpedalboards.com/featured/lyt-32-flytcase.html

78' Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender 60th Anniversary Tele
Fender Nashville Tele
Fender MIA Fat Strat
EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter C1+
Martin DC-16GTE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Egnater Renegade Head
Tourmaster 2x12 Cab
Fender Champ (1966)
Last edited by TurboStang at Dec 9, 2011,
Quote by dahelunover
Planner Have you tried this site yet? You can get some idea of how things will fit in the Pedaltrain Pro with the java/flash app on it. Check it out

Wow that site is cool as!! Trying it now!

As for the LYT brand, that looks good too(and cheaper) but it doesn't have the vents that the Pedaltrain has so it wouldn't be as neat for the wiring(there is going to be shitloads...).
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Going by the pedalboard planner site, there is no chance all my pedals will fit on the Pedaltrain Pro, the Midi-14 takes up way too much room. Trying to get a Grande or maybe an upper tier that can be attached to fit pedals on top. That or get two Pedaltrain 2's(equates to roughly a Grande).
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by bogg808
maybe trailer trash's lager boards if you cant get the Grande?

Might have to. How do they hide the cabling though if there are no vents? It looks like a flat surface.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by bogg808
drill holes through the board, there's plenty of room under there. If you don't want to do that and think that wiring on top is messy, look at the way this guy wires the board, http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpost.php?p=11362736&postcount=106

Pretty neat, however I probably would end up drilling holes through the board, want to keep the cabling as short as possible as I don't have any buffers.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Recommended threads
SG color.
GreenDay0013
Last post:
by Pencil Man
Chemistry
your_mom-zors
Last post: