Torn between the Blacktop Jaguar HH and the PRS Custom 24 SE. I know, I know, on paper this should be a no-brainer but let me explain...

I love the short scale (24") feel of the Jaguar. With my smallish hands it feels great, I can barre chord much easier than on a full scale Strat, for example. The downside is that the humbuckers are a tad muddy for my taste and the guitar at my local shop has a ton of fret buzz.

The PRS, though, looks amazing and sounds great and is just a well made instrument. It doesn't quite have the nice feel for me since it's a larger scale (25") but still feels nice.

Everytime I'm thinking of just putting the dough down on the PRS, I can't get the good feel of the Jaguar out of my head. Again, I know the PRS is better made and sounds better.

So, I'm torn between dealing with the downside of the Jaguar that I mentioned above but having a guitar that fits great or having a PRS which is a great instrument, sounds amazing but doesn't feel quite as good.

TL, DR: choosing between a HH Jaguar and PRS Custom 24 SE and weighing the pros and cons of each.
I'd go with the jaguar. If you decide to address the issues you mentioned it's probably easier to sort out the fret buzz and change the pickups on the jaguar than to try and change the scale on the PRS.
You gotta go with what you feel....the first time I picked up a PRS I never wanted to put it down and they're certainly high quality but you still gotta go with what blows up your skirt.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
The PRS SE range has quite a few models with a 24.5 scale length.

Is it just me or does it seem like there's a ton of PRS related threads now???

EDIT: ^^^Blows up your skirt????? What's that supposed to mean?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Last edited by JKHC at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by JKHC
The PRS SE range has quite a few models with a 24.5 scale length.

Is it just me or does it seem like there's a ton of PRS related threads now???

EDIT: ^^^Blows up your skirt????? What's that supposed to mean?

It's innuendo. It means the same thing as "what floats your boat" or "what smokes your shorts". It means whatever does it for you
Maybe there will be less fret buzz issues and mud issues with a Mustang re-issue than with the Blacktop.

There might be some '65s left over (I bought the last one I've seen in a store 6 months ago at a 30% discount off street price--come to think of it, it was the only one I'd seen in a store). Then there's also the Pawnshop Mustang with a hard tail and buckers. It's MIJ instead of MIM and might have better build quality.

PRS makes great guitars, but I haven't come across one that "floated my boat" yet.
OH

MY

GOD

i swear when I read this title I was thinking "I wonder if this guy is debating a Jaguar or PRS SE like I am" and then I opened the thread

OT: I think you should go with the jag. Barre chords are important and fret buzz is fixable, and you can always switch the pickups.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
OH

MY

GOD

i swear when I read this title I was thinking "I wonder if this guy is debating a Jaguar or PRS SE like I am" and then I opened the thread

OT: I think you should go with the jag. Barre chords are important and fret buzz is fixable, and you can always switch the pickups.

Freaky...