Hey, UG. So, I've had this itch to build a Tele since seeing Dustin Kensrue's "Jagular". The specs I'm not sure of other than body style. Ha. I've been thinking of just using Ash as far as wood.
The type of sound that I'm looking to get out of it is something similar to the solo on "Burn the Fleet" by Thrice, which would also involve downtuning to somewhere around B standard. Could a regular neck be able to hold that in tune or would I need a baritone? Also, what single coils should I get to get that round overdriven sound? I'm currently running a Fender Hotrod III. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I've decided to make a list of parts needed so I can actually save up for it! Ha.
Quote by Mohican
Hey, UG. So, I've had this itch to build a Tele since seeing Dustin Kensrue's "Jagular". The specs I'm not sure of other than body style. Ha. I've been thinking of just using Ash as far as wood.
The type of sound that I'm looking to get out of it is something similar to the solo on "Burn the Fleet" by Thrice, which would also involve downtuning to somewhere around B standard. Could a regular neck be able to hold that in tune or would I need a baritone? Also, what single coils should I get to get that round overdriven sound? I'm currently running a Fender Hotrod III. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I've decided to make a list of parts needed so I can actually save up for it! Ha.

Even active single coils won't stand up to a humbucker. If you're tuning down to B Standard I guess you're going to be playing death metal, metalcore, thrash, etc. If you're building your own tele... Get 2 Humbuckers. Now for your Fender... Get some Active pickups. Active pickups will greatly increase the beef of your single coils.
I'm not looking for metal. I already have a humbucker guitar for the heavier stuff. What I'm looking for is a nice, round tone. I'm hesitant to say "bluesy", but I guess that would be the word. Ha.