Ok so i've got the chorus down, but can't think of any verses or bridges. The song is about how as time passes by things change. It's from the pov of a man watching his daughter grow up and how he views the big moments of her life such as her birth her first day of school and her wedding

Here's the chorus:

Seasons change and days go by
Moments pass in the blink of an eye
I sit and wonder why
everything doesn't stay the same

so if you guys could help me out i'd really appreciate it!!
Why don't you try making the song somewhat chronological. Your first verse or so could be about her childhood (first day of school) and progress through the verses to her wedding day or something.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
I think the best way to do it would be to think in snapshots. What I mean is: think of a really clear picture of a scene----her birth, for example, and write a verse on that. Then the next verse could be first day at school. Sending off to college. Wedding. Grandkids. But make us feel the story by putting in really clear imagery at each point along the way.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by kaptkegan
I think the best way to do it would be to think in snapshots. What I mean is: think of a really clear picture of a scene----her birth, for example, and write a verse on that. Then the next verse could be first day at school. Sending off to college. Wedding. Grandkids. But make us feel the story by putting in really clear imagery at each point along the way.

That's exactly what I said.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
great ideas guys, thats what my idea was but i just am at a loss for words. i might try writing it as a story and see if a melody presents itself as i read it while i play the chords
It looks like you got some good advise from the people that posted replys to your request. Did they help or were you looking for verses to go with the chorus you have?
Quote by Garry Ames
It looks like you got some good advise from the people that posted replys to your request. Did they help or were you looking for verses to go with the chorus you have?

They had a good point. i was hoping for some verses but i got a couple of good lines out of just imagining the scenes. I would always take some versesif someone would give them hehe
Personally, I'd recommend you write about something that you have experienced or is relevant to you. Fair dos if the story you have in mind is something you've experienced, but you might get to where you want to go quicker if you write about something you know.