recently built a warmoth guitar with a recessed OFR. now, i noticed that i must set the action higher, so i can pull up on the bar, otherwise the strings fret out. are all floyds like this ? low action would be nice.
neck is already adjusted. i just want to know if you guys are annoyed with the higher string action that is needed for being able to pull up on the bar.
Quote by bonnerik
neck is already adjusted. i just want to know if you guys are annoyed with the higher string action that is needed for being able to pull up on the bar.

I have the exact same setup you do, I don't have any problems with pulling up and I have awesomely low action. Sounds like youre missing something, or you messed something up.

1. What type of body + neck combo do you have?
2. Do you have an OFR or some licensed clone? Is it 'new' out-of-the-box, or repurposed from another project/guitar?
its a strat type body and a strat type neck, all from warmoth. its all new out of the box, its an original floyd rose. whats your string height at your last fret?
Quote by bonnerik
its a strat type body and a strat type neck, all from warmoth. its all new out of the box, its an original floyd rose. whats your string height at your last fret?

At work right now, so I can't tell you.

...and I won't be able to tell you for the next 8 hours...

More info gathering:
Strat body with PG or rear-rout? 720 mod if applicable? Compound or straight radius?

FYI, my Warmoth strat: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=12723.0

Take a look at this:
(Invalid img)
Last edited by ORCRiST at Dec 9, 2011,
aww.i have about 2 mm i guess, or something like that, and i can pull up 2 semitones on the high e before they fret out, something like that
it has warmoth compund radius, i think it has a 720 p neck pocket mode, and it has a pickguard
i can lower the floyd to get really good action, but then, once i try to pull up on the bar i cant go very far untill the strings fret out (since you bend the floyd backwards)