hey all, i own 2 electric guitars, an rg ibanez and a bc rich warlock, i am a pretty good player on them now, can pull off some reasonably advanced stuff (been playing just over a year now)

ive been playing friends acoustics at college, and really enjoying them, so am looking at purchasing on for myself,

my max is about £150, but i know u can get new one's from £50 ($300 max, $100 min) any ideas, i intend to try some out before buying,

do you think i would be dissapointed with a cheaper one?

ps i like a nice low action on my guitars,

general rule of thumb for a new guitar is 3 months salary..... oops, been looking at the Blonde's xmas wish list again.
Acoustics tend to be more expensive than electrics of equal quality. I dropped 600CAD on mine and have never regretted it. Yamaha tends to have good value lower-end acoustics. your best bet is to go to a decent music store and play a few.
i can pretty much guarantee you'll be disappointed in the cheaper one - cheaper acoustics tend to have intonations, tuners that won't stay in tune, frets that aren't properly seated. at very least, i'd suggest trying in person.

if you want a good quality entry level guitar, an all; lam yamaha - or even better, a solid top fg700 - might suit you. i've also heard that jasmines are good entry level guitars. they didn't appeal to me, but i gather build quality is pretty nice. they're made by takamine.

Quote by isabellablake
hey all, i own 2 electric guitars, an rg ibanez and a bc rich warlock, i am a pretty good player on them now, can pull off some reasonably advanced stuff (been playing just over a year now)

ive been playing friends acoustics at college, and really enjoying them, so am looking at purchasing on for myself,

my max is about £150, but i know u can get new one's from £50 ($300 max, $100 min) any ideas, i intend to try some out before buying,

do you think i would be dissapointed with a cheaper one?

ps i like a nice low action on my guitars,

Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Poorly-made, cheap acoustics are VERY frustrating to play, especially for a beginner. Even if you play well, the inferior tone is annoying, and doesn't reflect the time you have put into learning how to play. Investing in a decent solid-top starter guitar is worth it!
In your price range the Washburn WD10S is worth a look, in addition to the Yamaha mentioned above.

If you wait until after Christmas, there should be more options in the January sales.
If your max budget is £150, you need to spend as close to that as possible to get something good. At that price, it's probably worth checking out used guitars on eBay. If you can find something by Crafter or Takamine you won't be disappointed, but you'll be lucky to find one within your budget.

I'm not a gear snob, but at the end of the day the rule "you get what you pay for" is even more true with acoustics than it is with electrics.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud