Hello, today I'm interested in discussing Effect Pedals that shape tone. First, I think we should clarify what category of pedals those are.

Distortion
Overdrive
Equalizer ( 7 band, 10 band, ect. )

I believe these are the primary categories of tone shaping pedals, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not intersted in discussing effects like delay, tremolo, chorus, wah, ect.

I'm planning on buying a Tube Screamer and a 10-Band EQ. I have a cheap 7-Band EQ now, but I'm not very satisfied with it.

What tone shaping equipment do you guys like to use and why do you like it? What have been your set ups in the past and what made you change?
Quote by toothless tim
Hello, today I'm interested in discussing Effect Pedals that shape tone. First, I think we should clarify what category of pedals those are.

Distortion
Overdrive
Equalizer ( 7 band, 10 band, ect. )

I believe these are the primary categories of tone shaping pedals, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not intersted in discussing effects like delay, tremolo, chorus, wah, ect.

I'm planning on buying a Tube Screamer and a 10-Band EQ. I have a cheap 7-Band EQ now, but I'm not very satisfied with it.

What tone shaping equipment do you guys like to use and why do you like it? What have been your set ups in the past and what made you change?

huh? everything that you use from the strings vibrating over the magnetic field to the pickup through the speaker cable, cabinet (including construction) to speakers, shapes your tone.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/