The DOD FX25 envelope filter, got it off Craigslist for $20. At first I was worried I wouldn't get it, thanks to the "UG Curse" which occurs when you post about deals that haven't been completed yet. The guy never replied to my emails, after I'd sent them 3 days apart, and I'd pretty much given up. Then he gave me a call yesterday, and half an hour later I was walking home with this in my hands.

It's missing the battery cover and one of the jacks was missing a washer, but it's cool now. Sounds pretty good despite it being older than I am.

As you can see it's only got two knobs but don't be fooled, it packs quite a variety of sounds between them. The left knob is Range and basically adjusts how wide the frequency it covers, and the right is Sensitivity, which changes how strong or weak you have to pick to open it up.

Here's a video covering how it sounds with and without pedals:

http://youtu.be/qAzCp6qoA-w

And here it is on my pedalboard:
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The other guitarist of my band has a similar one that he uses for our set-ending noise freakout. It's pretty sick.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
He probably has the FX25B, which seems slightly more common. Has an extra knob too.

Very fun. I'd love to use it with my Big Muff but it's currently taking up the Muff's power adapter
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Yeah, I think that's the one. DOD makes good envelope filters.

Native Wildlife begins recording in exactly one month!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310
Native Wildlife begins recording in exactly one month!

I'll believe when i see the tshirt!

Dylan....your voice is much deeper than id imagined.
I can imagine that thing would sound pretty amazing after a THICK fuzz.
Happy NPD!
Quote by unet
I'll believe when i see the tshirt!

Dylan....your voice is much deeper than id imagined.
I can imagine that thing would sound pretty amazing after a THICK fuzz.
Happy NPD!

Thanks.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Korey, post your NPD! And your other swagnificent photos.

^^ "haunting mids" = pedalboard thread troll incoming

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Not Dave MC.

and John I don't really make NGD threads.

Maybe tomorrow with my amp.
Last edited by VishNuRoXoUt at Dec 9, 2011,
Quote by stradivari310
Korey, post your NPD! And your other swagnificent photos.

^^ "haunting mids" = pedalboard thread troll incoming

Dave is more from the WTLT side of things.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The YouTube video more than covers it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Dave_Mc

oops, haha. I like you WTLT folks and secretly want to be one of you.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Congrats Dylan!

Patience pays off.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I've got one o these in my loft. It's also missing the battery cover but I don't think I've ever got a decent sound out of it in 20 years.......
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
Quote by stradivari310
oops, haha. I like you WTLT folks and secretly want to be one of you.

haha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?