Like 6 Spider 4 Hd150 VS Line 6 spider Valve MkII Hd100? which is better for metalcore styled music in yalls opinion? and please give some detail about the amp if you have any personal experience with either one.
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG652AHM
Ibanez Prestige RG1527
Ibanez RGT42
Schecter Hellraiser C7
83 Peavey Patriot Special

Amps:
EVH 5150iii 50watt head
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKii
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Albion GLS-412 Cabinet
Line 6 Spider Jam
Vyper Tube.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The only answer to metalcore is 6505.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Vypyr Tube, as mentioned before; failing that get the Spider Valve, I quite enjoy them compared to the SS spiders.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The SV wins everytime.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
On a more serious note, why on earth does the Spider Valve cost so much? I mean, the Vypyr Tube is $300 less, but it sounds way better. The SV is way prettier to look at, but...

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
On a more serious note, why on earth does the Spider Valve cost so much? I mean, the Vypyr Tube is $300 less, but it sounds way better. The SV is way prettier to look at, but...

Because BOGNER designed the tube section, take a look at one of his amps.......and you'll see expensive. They make Mesa's seem kinda cheap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Because BOGNER designed the tube section, take a look at one of his amps.......and you'll see expensive. They make Mesa's seem kinda cheap.

The DT series is Bogner designed, but the spider valve?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
The DT series is Bogner designed, but the spider valve?

Yep it is, but only the tubes, the processor is all L6.
I bought one in 08-09 when they first came out. The fact Bogner Designed the tube section is why I bought mine. It makes one hell of a tube power-amp if you bypass the pre-amp. My friend has the Engl 530(or something like that) pre-amp, and it sounds un-real running through the SV's power-amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sorry for my mess up on the thread. My budget is about $1000, and i want it to be new. And im a metalcore player as i have previously stated. I have tried the Vyper tube and DID NOT like it at all. Sounds weird to me and makes me uncomfortable. I was playing in a band and the other guitarist had a Vyper tube half stack and i had a line 6 spider 3 and i would always be told i sounded way better. So the only peavey i may consider is the 6505. I really like line 6, I had the chance yesterday to try the hd150, it was ok, nothing special, but i have yet to try the Bogner designed SV. what are the pros and cons from going from digital to valve? What would you reccomend?
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG652AHM
Ibanez Prestige RG1527
Ibanez RGT42
Schecter Hellraiser C7
83 Peavey Patriot Special

Amps:
EVH 5150iii 50watt head
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKii
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Albion GLS-412 Cabinet
Line 6 Spider Jam
Why do you want it new? I mean, I understand it can be a bit uneasy buying used gear but as long as you always try before you buy it's usually never a problem. You're cutting yourself out of several really nice choices by only sticking with new.

Anyway, for $1000 (USD?) I would stay away from anything made by line 6. The HD150 is bad, and the SV is alright, but with that kind of price range you can do a million times better then both.

Here's just some ideas:
Peavey 6505/5150
Traynor YCV50 Blue (w/ boost)
Mesa Single Rectifier (Used)

As for pro's and cons of going from digital to valve:
Pros:
-Much better dynamics. The amp will naturally respond to your picking and touch.
-Much better sound. (This is subjective but pretty universally accepted)
-More flexibility with sound by changing out tubes

Cons:
-You'll have to replace tubes every few years. This could mean every year or so, or every 7-8 years. It's nearly impossible to tell how much life tubes will give you.
-Price
^Your other guitarist must have been EQing like crap.
Find a Vypyr Tube, select the 6505 model, set EQ to BMT 5/8/6. If that doesnt appeal to you, fine. But thats one of the most abll crushing settings ive tried on it. Doesnt soundlike ana ctual 6505, but its still freakin awesome in its own way.
Spider Valve kills the HD150. I've heard them both side by side. As a cheaper alternative youcould go with the Peavey Valveking.
CHECK OUT MY METAL BLOG: Metal Mouth

ESP LTD MH-400NT
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson RX10D Rhoads
Ebony Epiphone LP Standard
Taylor Big Baby acoustic
Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall 1960a
Boss MT-2
Boss TU-2
Ibanez TS9
I say Bugera 6262 and get yourself a nice Avatar Cab.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I love the Spider Valve I don't think the price i worth it new however. I got mine used with the FBVShort board for $400. Its fantastic but you would want to replace the tubes the Sovtek tubes that it comes with a kind of weak. You can get a lot of great tones out of the amp. How ever all the different presets are kind of a pain to move through some times. If I had that budget though I would look into a used DT50. That thing is f-ing amazing.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
the bugera option is a good one, the Jet City 100w is also great http://www.zzounds.com/item--JETJCA100HDM the HDM version and the normal - http://www.zzounds.com/item--JETJCA100H (I think the HDM is better suited to modern metal with a boost).

or the whole package complete with 4x12 - http://www.zzounds.com/item--JETJCA10048HS get one of these - http://www.zzounds.com/item--DGTDBM and we are good to go.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Used 6505/avatar cab/ bugera 6262
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Robbgnarly

I realize that, but that doesn't change the fact that it still sounds like shit

TS, your perception of tone is wack. If you think a Spider III sounds better than a Vypyr Tube, there's really nothing else I can do here. I'm out.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It still sounds really digital and harsh compared to the Vypyr Tube though.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It still sounds really digital and harsh compared to the Vypyr Tube though.

i don't think so.

i've played both the vypyr tube combo and the spider valve combo and personally i'd take the SV.

that's not to say that they aren't both good amps, it's just down to preference.

the dude has $1000 - he should be looking at Jet City 50 or 100 watt heads and used mesa 412 cabs imo.
Quote by gregs1020
i don't think so.

i've played both the vypyr tube combo and the spider valve combo and personally i'd take the SV.

that's not to say that they aren't both good amps, it's just down to preference.

the dude has $1000 - he should be looking at Jet City 50 or 100 watt heads and used mesa 412 cabs imo.

True on all statements that aren't opinion. I played through a SV, I liked it a lot, and the speakers are certainly better than the ones in the Vypyrs - Celestion V30s, I think.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
There could have been something wrong with the one I played It was extremely underwhelming though.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Teh Spider Valve I played was not that bad, but it honestly didn't do much for me. I played it with Kevin Saale and he agreed - no go. Maybe it was borked. They are def better than the regular Spiders. Some settings were quite nice tho

I think the thing with the Spider Valve is that you need to tweak 3 or 4 presets, align them together, and then set the volumes so they are even across. If you got the floor board then it makes it easy to switch from one tone to the next. And Vintage 30s are only good if the cab and amp sims are tuned to work well with them. I can't tell if they are or not. The transparent speaker in the Vypyr works well for that amp imo. I bet a better speaker would be good too, but not sure what that would be. Maybe a Classic Lead 80?