Hey UG I am building a pedal board for a Peavey classic that I do classic rock to some 90's metal and some country. I need a metal pedal for the amp, the amp does classic rock perfectly I was surprised by the dirt channel on this thing as well as the clean channel. Anyway I am looking at these pedals and was hoping that you guys may have or have had them could give some insight as to the tones you are or were getting.

Biyang metal end
Hardwire TL-2
Carl Martin Crush Zone
Modtone extreme metal
Metal Muff

These pedals I can buy used in my price range which is a hundred bucks. I have tried the metal muff and the modtone and the hardwire but not the other two. If you have a recommendation that would be appreciated as well. Thanks
I tired the metal muff and the TL2. Went for the latter. Have hear good things about the Carl martin though.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
I tired the metal muff and the TL2. Went for the latter. Have hear good things about the Carl martin though.

I am most curious about the metal end and the martin the demos on the martin remind me of something similar to the wampler pinnacle
I was wondering if the Biyang had a scooped switch or dial for the midrange if anyone knows.
I have the Metal Muff myself and I quite like it. It has lots of gain (I rarely ever turn my gain knob past 10 o clock), VERY powerful EQknobs and it has a top boost which is quite a nice feature for a smidge of a boost for solo's and such. I don't use it, but it's still there.

I also have a DL-8 delay of the Hardwire series which is a very good product, so I think the TL-2 of theirs would also be quite a good purchase. Not sure which I'd prefer of the two, Muff or TL-2 because I haven't yet tried the TL-2, but judging by the quality of the DL-8, I'd think it's pretty good.
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
So far on the youtube demo's the biyang and the beta aivian distortion sound the best.
For what you want to play I would recommend the Barber Dirty Bomb. It isn't as "metal" as some of the pedals there (at least not in a super scooped late 90's way) but it handles metal really well and is very, very versatile. I have a Metal Muff, which I love in a sense because it is a fun pedal, but the overall quality and feel of the distortion is nothing compared to the dirty bomb. If you want a full on metal pedal I can't recommend the Railhead T.U.A enough, it is a cracking pedal. For any other type of hard rock the dirty bomb has it dimed as far as I'm concerned.
id use a tubescreamer to boost your distortion channel...

like the bad monkey if you dont have a lot of money...

or the maxon OD 808 when youre willing to save a bit more
Quote by ragingben
For what you want to play I would recommend the Barber Dirty Bomb. It isn't as "metal" as some of the pedals there (at least not in a super scooped late 90's way) but it handles metal really well and is very, very versatile. I have a Metal Muff, which I love in a sense because it is a fun pedal, but the overall quality and feel of the distortion is nothing compared to the dirty bomb. If you want a full on metal pedal I can't recommend the Railhead T.U.A enough, it is a cracking pedal. For any other type of hard rock the dirty bomb has it dimed as far as I'm concerned.

Just had the dirty bomb really didn't like it at all, took it back for a refund and never heard of the railhead
I have the TL-2 and completely recommend it. It's a great pedal with a lot of versatility in the Metal realm. It's not good for anything very low-gain, but anything Metal can be played on the TL-2
Quote by Jim #4
id use a tubescreamer to boost your distortion channel...

like the bad monkey if you dont have a lot of money...

or the maxon OD 808 when youre willing to save a bit more

This is your best bet, use the amps own tube distortion, it sounds better, you can easily drive those amps into metal territory with a boost like mentioned.