Looking to get a laptop for doing my music on now. I mainly use just cubase, a few vsts etc at the moment.

Budget of up to 400 gbp.

Needs good ram and processor obviously.

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/Computing/Laptops+Parent+Group/Laptops/fd/c/c/c?source=aw&utm_source=Affiliates&utm_medium=Links&utm_campaign=AW&utm_term=67035&utm_content=VoucherCodes.co.uk

Any of them suitable? Looking for people who use laptops themselves so any other suggestions also welcome.

Ta
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
from what you've linked and within your budget, the best (imo) seems to be this one http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/product/Satellite-C660-22V/1110366/toshibaShop/true/

RAM-wise, you should be looking after something with 4GB or more, processor-wise you want core i3 or better (i5, i7). In that price range, i doubt you'll get something much better than the one i linked.

edit: also when the computer has more than 3GB of RAM, check if the attached OS is 64bit (it is in this case).
Last edited by KorYi at Dec 9, 2011,
If you can stretch your budget £30, this is the best one on that site that I found without going significantly higher:

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/HP-Pavillion-G6-1204SA-Laptop/id-HEW-COM-G61204SA-BL

The AMD A6 is better than the i3 in the graphics department and about equal to an i3 in processing power, but it also has 2-3GB more of RAM than the i3 PCs in the price range, which should give it a significant edge.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Lol i find it funny you exclude mac.... like someone told you that you needed one. I use my windows XP computer for years now and guess what... cubase 5, lots and lots of vst and still running like charm.
Yeah, just most suggest mac but thats way out my price range thats all :P
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
All I'm going to say is...not HP.
Mine cost me £390 not quite a year ago, in a sale down from £500 and it's cost me nearly £200 in repairs and reinstalls since then.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
All I'm going to say is...not HP.
Mine cost me £390 not quite a year ago, in a sale down from £500 and it's cost me nearly £200 in repairs and reinstalls since then.

On the contrary, I've had my HP laptop for over 4 years and it's by far been the best Windows laptop I've ever had
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hands down it would be the HP Elitebook line. AMAZING. A good processor and ram is nice, but there are much bigger issues like DPC latency and driver compatibility. The HP Elitebooks come with everything, or at least an option for everything.

TI firewire, SSD drive bay, tons of Ram/CPU (intel 2nd gen, mine is an i7), and not to mention flawless DPC latency right out of the box. Disable the bloatware and you're on your way!

Hit me up for any questions regarding your purchase.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com