i have a fender frontman 25r...and i have a person next door with a cb radio and it comes through my amp at blistering volumes ...can i help this?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
sounds like a microphonic tube

wait......scratch that

I'm really struggling to figure out how this can be. What kind of pickups do you have? Do you suppose they are microphonic?

orr he's using single coils
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I have a fender princeton chorus and when I have my pretend strat plugged into it it quite clearly plays what ever is on the tv in the next room. Its not blisteringly loud though...
It's highly likely that the problem is his cb radio splattering everywhere because he hasn't tuned his antenna. Does it interfere with your tv as well?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Is there a way to put something on the wall in between Cath to try and shut that down? Probably not I'm guessing.

I'd also try a different guitar in that environment and see what happens. Have a friend over or something. Also, kindly ask the guy to turn it off for an hour and try then.
Depends on how bad he's splattering. Probably not much he can do on the amp end except check the mains grounding in the house and even that probably won't help. It's not likely to be coming down the mains so filtering it will do squat. Crappy guitar cables won't help so that's worth checking.
If it was Australia you could just threaten to report him to the Radio Inspector and he'd shut him down if he doesn't fix it. No idea how the radio laws are over there.
10:1 his radio rig is faulty and he's pissing off the entire neighbourhood.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 9, 2011,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
sounds like a microphonic tube

wait......scratch that

I'm really struggling to figure out how this can be. What kind of pickups do you have? Do you suppose they are microphonic?

umm i dont know what a microphonic thingy is..lol.. sorry but i have a ibanez with v7 v8's middle class guitar
Quote by Cathbard
It's highly likely that the problem is his cb radio splattering everywhere because he hasn't tuned his antenna. Does it interfere with your tv as well?

not mine but my sisters upstairs. but its not that loud but i can hear it
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Is there a way to put something on the wall in between Cath to try and shut that down? Probably not I'm guessing.

I'd also try a different guitar in that environment and see what happens. Have a friend over or something. Also, kindly ask the guy to turn it off for an hour and try then.

cant do the wall thing...yup i have more than one guitar lol i have another ibanez with inf pickups and the same thing and i have a bc rich mockingbird special x...800 dollar guitar and still does it
Quote by Cathbard
Depends on how bad he's splattering. Probably not much he can do on the amp end except check the mains grounding in the house and even that probably won't help. It's not likely to be coming down the mains so filtering it will do squat. Crappy guitar cables won't help so that's worth checking.
If it was Australia you could just threaten to report him to the Radio Inspector and he'd shut him down if he doesn't fix it. No idea how the radio laws are over there.
10:1 his radio rig is faulty and he's pissing off the entire neighbourhood.

i wish i could do that....i have pretty crappy cables but i have no money to upgrade at all ...would a better amp do the trick? cause i have never heard of this happening?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
ask him to turn it off for an hour and then play your amp.

i was kidding about the tube thing.

PS: I used to own a Frontman FM212. If there was anything I could think I'll be sure to let you know.

oh okay..lol..okay thank you i just want to get rid of this problem