Hey guys,

First video back into it, this time we are looking at understanding how to create and how to play suspended chords!

Don't worry I'm working on making these video's shorter, i just want to make sure that after one viewing everyone completely understands :thumb up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xoWcEwXqfQ

Suspended chords can be used in any genre, i love how powerful an open Dsus2 sounds with a hard driven amp!

All the best,

Pat
Gear:
O'donnell - Cocobolo fusion
Maton - EBG808
Ibanez Stratocaster (1976)
Chapman ML1

Reynolds JFR25
THD Bivalve

YouTube Channel:
www.youtube.com/patdavidmusic
Quote by Brandeis
Reported you naughty adbot

adbot? He's just advertising the lessons he made, from which he makes no money out of
^ Yeah man, modes. That's some badass shit mother fucker.

God bless the internet.
Last edited by mdc at Dec 9, 2011,
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I was going to find you and bring you down if you didn't resolve that damn Dsus4 chord.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Two things:

1) I only watched the entire thing because of the accent.

2) I was going to find you and bring you down if you didn't resolve that damn Dsus4 chord.

Wow i didn't know my accent was so compelling!
Haha I actually wondered whether to leave it or not, I'm glad I resolved it....next time you may not be so lucky
Gear:
Maton - EBG808
Chapman ML1

Reynolds JFR25
THD Bivalve

YouTube Channel:
Quote by mrbabo91
I thought the video was nicely done. You really explained it well

Thanks mate!
I'm glad it understandable, I just need to work on making this video's tighter and shorter,

I just want to make sure that with one viewing everyone understands and you really don't need any follow up questions etc

Quote by aildjacksback
really good lesson also i like your mode lessons :P

Thanks jack!
Heaps more video's going in to practicing modes/scales and ear training,

Quote by mdc
^ Yeah man, modes. That's some badass shit mother ****er.

God bless the internet.

Thanks mdc, took me a lot of time to make those video's, makes me very happy people enjoy them, thanks buddy

Quote by griffRG7321
The real diabolus in music

I've been to gig before where a jazz trio, finished on an unresolved chord, didn't say goodnight just walked off the stage......

I was vomiting all night
Gear:
Maton - EBG808
Chapman ML1

Reynolds JFR25
THD Bivalve

YouTube Channel:
I once wrote a piece that I sent to an old theory teacher to ask for his opinion. I wasn't thinking about how it ended on a V in the playback, because when I listened to it my mind would just continue to play the piece itself as it would be had I written farther. He was rather displeased.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Two things:

1) I only watched the entire thing because of the accent.

2) I was going to find you and bring you down if you didn't resolve that damn Dsus4 chord.
Yeah well, are you sure it wasn't G major add 9? More importantly, is he sure it wasn't G Major add 9. (no 3rd).

No really, I didn't watch the video.....
Quote by PatrickDavid
Suspended chords can be used in any genre, i love how powerful an open Dsus2 sounds with a hard driven amp!
Yeah, you and Jimmy Page both.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Dec 9, 2011,