Alright so im mainly an acoustic player but a few months ago I got pressured into an impulse buy of a schecter demon 6 when I was in the music store as I was asked to join my friends crabcore band, realised how lame it was and regret it, I want to sell my schecter and get something else, I've always wanted a Telecaster but im not really expecting much for this schecter and I don't exactly have a job so I cant really save up.

TL;DR
selling my schecter demon 6 expecting about $600 MAXIMUM should i get a squire tele or what are some alternatives with a clean tone but can pack a punch if i get the distortion urge.
well considering they sell brand new at future shop of all places for 400$, I'd say you fit in with everyone else on kijiji with the expectation that you might get 600 for it

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/schecter-demon-6-guitar-demon-3211-black/10115419.aspx

You could realistically expect to get around 200$ cash value for it. If you're looking for something new, your best bet is to put it up for trade and see if someone offers you a MIM or something.
See if you can score a Squier Classic Vibe Tele in a trade or something - the Classic Vibe series is awesome and banging, some of the best lower-mid price guitars around atm.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by mike_oxbig
well considering they sell brand new at future shop of all places for 400$, I'd say you fit in with everyone else on kijiji with the expectation that you might get 600 for it

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/schecter-demon-6-guitar-demon-3211-black/10115419.aspx

You could realistically expect to get around 200$ cash value for it. If you're looking for something new, your best bet is to put it up for trade and see if someone offers you a MIM or something.

Everythings cheaper in America breh, I paid $700 here in Australia
Quote by The^Unforgiven
See if you can score a Squier Classic Vibe Tele in a trade or something - the Classic Vibe series is awesome and banging, some of the best lower-mid price guitars around atm.

I was sort of set on an affinity, but you may have swayed my decision
Stay away from the affinity's. They're garbage. Go for the classic vibe or a used mexi tele.
I'm not american...but even so your best bet is to put it up for trade. It will limit your selection of new guitars to what is being offered, but at least you won't be paying retail only to sell it at a depreciated value soon after.

Guitars are worth 40% less than retail as soon as you can't return them to the store for a full refund
60% less after they've been played enough that you can tell they're not brand new.

higher quality guitars are less subject to depreciation, but that's not what you have

Put it up for trade against another guitar that retailed for a similar amount. Then you're not losing your shirt over the deal. I'm not sure how active the used market is down under but whenever I put a "for trade" ad up I usually get around a dozen offers within a week, from there you can pick and choose.