Have wanted one of these for a long while and managed to negotiate a good deal for it yesterday. It's a mid-90's 2-channel Dual Rectifier.

It's currently set up with el-34 tubes, which I wasn't sure at first how I'd like, but this thing sounds amazing through my Tourmaster 2x12 cabinet. As long as it cuts the mustard in the mix at my next rehearsal, which I'm certain it will, it's a keeper.

So far at least, this thing is a tone monster.

78' Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender 60th Anniversary Tele
Fender Nashville Tele
Fender MIA Fat Strat
EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter C1+
Martin DC-16GTE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Egnater Renegade Head
Tourmaster 2x12 Cab
Fender Champ (1966)
Jealous. I love the dual rec. You're a lucky, lucky man! Happy NAD dude!
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
I. Hate. You. So. Much.

Now give us some clips and/or a review so this doesn't get locked- it'd be a shame to see a great NAD like this go to waste.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Dec 9, 2011,
I'm not a huge fan of the Mesa tone, but I have been GASing for one of these just to try it out to see what the hype is all about. I always associate the Dual Rec with metal and I do more classic rock (which I hear the Dual Rec can do well). At any rate, happy NAD and be sure to post some clips.
Lucky bastard... HNAD!

Also, it's been a while since I've been in GG&A - why does everyone hate the 3 channel?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Thanks guys.

Haven't got to spend much time with it yet, but one thing that really stood out to me was how articulate it is. That, and the fact that it's really punchy. Palm mute and chug on the low E, and you feel the thump in your chest. Even though it's often recognized as a high gain / metal amp, I was already able to dial in some incredible classic rock tones with the second channel switched to vintage. Change the setting to Modern, and you don't have turn the gain too far past 1:00 to get into face melting territory. And it's not what I'd consider harsh, it's still creamy, smooth and thick.

So far, it's shown me nothing to make me think it'll be anything other than a legitimate bad ass.
Fender Nashville Tele
Fender MIA Fat Strat
EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter C1+
Martin DC-16GTE
Egnater Renegade Head
Tourmaster 2x12 Cab
Fender Champ (1966)
Last edited by TurboStang at Dec 9, 2011,
Fender Nashville Tele
Fender MIA Fat Strat
EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter C1+
Martin DC-16GTE
Egnater Renegade Head
Tourmaster 2x12 Cab
Fender Champ (1966)
Quote by TurboStang
Thanks guys.

Haven't got to spend much time with it yet, but one thing that really stood out to me was how articulate it is. That, and the fact that it's really punchy. Palm mute and chug on the low E, and you feel the thump in your chest. Even though it's often recognized as a high gain / metal amp, I was already able to dial in some incredible classic rock tones with the second channel switched to vintage. Change the setting to Modern, and you don't have turn the gain too far past 1:00 to get into face melting territory. And it's not what I'd consider harsh, it's still creamy, smooth and thick.

So far, it's shown me nothing to make me think it'll be anything other than a legitimate bad ass.

Must be those EL34s

HNAD