swim to the moon guitar pro off here from btbam on track Guitar1, measure 484

it says it's 4/4 there is a 16th + dotted 8th + 16th+ dotted 8th + 16th + three 16ths + dotted 8th + 3 16ths.

do you just count it 1 e + a 2 e + a or is there a trick to counting things like that? hope this is the right section to post this.
It's all about thinking in subdivisions. Find the lowest common subdivison of the beat and constantly count it in your head. So basically exactly what you said. There's no real trick, just a lot of metronome work!
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
one ti (te ta) two ti (te ta) three ti te ta four (ti te) ta
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Is this the measure in question?

If so then that would be counted as:

1 e +...2 e...a 3 e + a...e + a
(the ... are there to show the separation between the notes)

That dot you're seeing a a staccato marking. If it was a dotted 8th, the dot would be right by the base of the note, not above it. Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I explained it well.

Here's an example:
Last edited by gr8_brandino at Dec 9, 2011,
if i understand, your saying the "..." are rests? and theres no trick to counting just practice?
Quote by Jazzymetal420
if i understand, your saying the "..." are rests? and theres no trick to counting just practice?

Google.com -> staccato

and no, there is no trick to counting when it's already on the sheet. when transcribing, there are little things you pick up over time, but when you actually have it notated for you, and can't figure it out, it's somewhere between "insufficient learning" and "too lazy to practice".
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Jazzymetal420

The ... in the 1 e +...2 e...a 3 e + a...e + a aren't rests. It's just my attempt to make it a little more readable. You could see the ... as showing where a note is held longer than a 16th note.