I play a a lot of punk, post-hardcore, occasionally some indie rock or heavier metal-core or death-core. I have a MXR Smart Gate noise suppressor pedal and a Boss ds-1 distortion pedal, is there any other pedals that i should look into?
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
line 6 delay, metal muff
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
MXR ten band EQ, (I wouldn't get the Line 6, but) a delay of some sort, better distortion pedal (metal muff is a good choice), some kind of wah, and a new amp.
Quote by rob904
MXR ten band EQ, (I wouldn't get the Line 6, but) a delay of some sort, better distortion pedal (metal muff is a good choice), some kind of wah, and a new amp.

Or he could just get a new amp with good metal distortion and skip the distortion pedal (but get an overdrive pedal). Is there anything wrong with the B-52 by the way that would make you suggest him to get a new amp?
Last edited by Ascendant at Dec 9, 2011,
Quote by rob904

+1

Definitely an MXR 10-Band, you could also try the DigiTech Hardwire TL-2, it's pretty versatile, is true-bypass, and is pretty good quality. A Wah is probably a good choice, and probably a delay.
Quote by Ascendant
Or he could just get a new amp with good metal distortion and skip the distortion pedal (but get an overdrive pedal). Is there anything wrong with the B-52 by the way that would make you suggest him to get a new amp?

My amp is actually thicker than you think, i got it for $125 used only a few times it sounds almost exactly like a peavy valve king 100. The amp has a great gain/overdrive channel, i use the boss ds-1 with the clean channel to play like senses fail's newer stuff.
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
10 band e.qs are fairly boring to be honest. hardly do anything.

All i'ld have on a metalcore bored is a TS of some sort, A nice chorus, Noise Gate, An analog delay and something like a dd3 if you dont use much delay or a line 6 dl4 if you use a fair bit.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
10 band e.qs are fairly boring to be honest. hardly do anything.

Or you are deaf or do not understand what an EQ does.
Quote by Sputnik1
Or you are deaf or do not understand what an EQ does.

Quote by Blktiger0

Good one!

Back to this again? Yawn.

Save your money, Buy a rack E.Q, see the difference.

It's not like i spend any of my time in studios or playing on stage really.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Last edited by cliff_em_all at Dec 9, 2011,
I have another question, if i am playing on my clean channel with a distortion pedal could i still get a boost from a overdrive pedal or would it just blend in and sound weird?
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
TS, a more metal orienated amp is more advisable. Dirt boxes are cool and great and i've got a fair few now, But you'ld be better off finding an amp with the tone you're after rather than compensating with pedals.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all

The problem with a rack EQ is that there are bands which a guitar does not produce.
Complete overkill!!!!
Quote by Sputnik1
The problem with a rack EQ is that there are bands which a guitar does not produce.
Complete overkill!!!!

All you need is this monster in your rig.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/TC1140.asp
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
TS, a more metal orienated amp is more advisable. Dirt boxes are cool and great and i've got a fair few now, But you'ld be better off finding an amp with the tone you're after rather than compensating with pedals.

Well i don't have the money to buy anything better, Because my rig is good enough for what i play for know and i don't play metal that often.
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by cliff_em_all

(Invalid img)
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
(Invalid img)

Quote by ZanasCross

an eq pedal isn't going to completely change the tone but damn it'll at least help.
anyways, look into delay pedals and maybe a better distortion. i hated the ds-1, but thats just me. idk much about b52 amps but if theres tubes in there definitely get an overdrive. then maybe a flanger or chourus and you're pretty much set.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
TS I really wouldn't start spending money on effects I don't need. Look into picking up some sort of multi-fxs to play around if your just looking for something to try out a bunch of different sounds. I just like seeing people spend money on pedals for them to not use them.
Quote by rob904
(I wouldn't get the Line 6, but) a delay of some sort

lol

Quote by rob904
metal muff is a good choice

lol

TS, look for used Line 6 echo parks if you want delay on the cheapz...they're amazing pedals. Very versatile.
Also, try and find a Barber Dirty bomb used....they go for like $70 - 90 and do a lot of good high gain sounds. You can use the DS 1 for your punk stuff.
Last edited by unet at Dec 9, 2011,
Quote by Sputnik1
You must be new here. No one other than you recommends a Rack EQ.

If the Para is where you want this to go, then here lets have the TS buy this.

http://fromelelectronics.com/pedals/Shape-EQ

Lets not have him buy an E.Q. Someone reccomended the mxr 10 band e.q, When para/rack e.q's are the better option if you're going down the e.q route. Sure, it's more money and maybe not needed yet, but you never know when something like it will come in handy. Instead of a piece of equipment you trade or get bored with, it's a piece of equipment you keep for life. I just advised TS on that option and you guys assumed i had no idea what an E.Q was, Hence the picture.

Also, if we're going on the "Only one person said something different so don't listen" route, We'ld all have Schecters into 6505's with a TS.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
Lets not have him buy an E.Q. Someone reccomended the mxr 10 band e.q, When para/rack e.q's are the better option if you're going down the e.q route. Sure, it's more money and maybe not needed yet, but you never know when something like it will come in handy. Instead of a piece of equipment you trade or get bored with, it's a piece of equipment you keep for life. I just advised TS on that option and you guys assumed i had no idea what an E.Q was, Hence the picture.

Also, if we're going on the "Only one person said something different so don't listen" route, We'ld all have Schecters into 6505's with a TS.

Unless the TS is touring or doing major recording, he does not need a rack eq.
Quote by Sputnik1
Unless the TS is touring or doing major recording, he does not need a rack eq.

He also doesn't need a 100 watt halfstack (even if it is solid state). Having good equipment shouldn't just be for the professional musician, Or are you going to tell Min to trade all his shit away?.
Quote by ZanasCross