Page 1 of 2
Whats yor favorite Tremolo, besides a Floyd Rose...?
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
Vintage strat-style. Not a fan of tremolos, though.
Check out my band Disturbed
Bigsby B7 bitch.

And floyds suck.

EDIT: Needs moar pics...

Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Dec 9, 2011,
The PRS designed tremolo does the trick IMO. No hassle from a floating trem but still lots of versatility
trems suck.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
A floyd rose.

srsly, vintage is too stiff and bigsbys don't ever work right. edge 3's are basically FR's and I've never tried a Kahler.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Floyd pros is where it's at, none of that licensed shit (though they're alright if you can't afford better).
Quote by bastards
A floyd rose.

srsly, vintage is too stiff and bigsbys don't ever work right. edge 3's are basically FR's and I've never tried a Kahler.

Every Kahler I've tried goes out of tune after you do a bend, and goes back in tune if you do a dive. It's annoying, but if you have a trem heavy style I suppose it wouldn't really matter that much
Quote by rob904
Every Kahler I've tried goes out of tune after you do a bend, and goes back in tune if you do a dive. It's annoying, but if you have a trem heavy style I suppose it wouldn't really matter that much

That's what my Edge 3 does... ugh it's annoying but I got used to it and worked it into my playing style.
Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
Quote by frankv
You guys need to learn how to whammy without the whammy bar.

This'll show the young 'uns how it's done.
I don't like them.

I know it's just me, because I love the stuff guys like Vai, Satch, etc. do with them, but I can just never think of anything musical to do when I have it. I prefer a hardtail's convenience and relative simplicity as a result.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Bigsby B60. That's what I have on my guitar (Gretsch G5122), and I like it alot better than any others that I've had on any other guitar.
Quote by whoomit
This'll show the young 'uns how it's done.

Came in here to post this

Oh well. Pretty much sums this up.
Unless you're doing dive bombs, man up and just do vibrato with your left hand.
I've played guitar for 9 years and I don't even know any other, than a FR and standard fixed
I like Floyds.Anything that dosen't lock is just a annoying POS.Also i hate everything about Ibanez.I can stand using fixed but only on a select few guitars.
Wilkinson does it for me with a graph tech nut, or Kahler but not the floating one. They make a fixed whammy that prety sweet.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Quote by Briyan_15
Wilkinson does it for me with a graph tech nut, or Kahler but not the floating one. They make a fixed whammy that prety sweet.

I keep seeing you facepalming the SE 24 in your sig, what's up with that?

*shht it's okay honey, daddy has asked the nice man, he'll explain everything soon*

The best trems are vintage 6-point or the more modern, non-locking 2-point models like on most strats and related guitars. They're best because on a guitar with a flat top, you you can just adjust the trem to be flush with the body and have it locked with just an extra spring.

Trems are goddamn annoying.
So far I was pretty pleased with my Gotoh Floyd, I havent tried many others.

Tried a bigsby but I didnt like it.

And Floyds, due to the size are very easy to press down to do bend up sounds, which is a trick I often use.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Basti95
I keep seeing you facepalming the SE 24 in your sig, what's up with that?

*shht it's okay honey, daddy has asked the nice man, he'll explain everything soon*

I bought it because it was a great deal but then I realized that I don't like flat top guitars and the neck feels a little too wide to me. I bought it off line and couldn't return it. Its seems quality its just not for me and I'm stuck with it. First and last guitar I will buy off the internet.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
The vibrola they were putting on gibsons in the 60s

actually scratch that

I ****ing love Jazzmaster/Jaguar style trems.
I don't need a whammy bar to whammy.

(Bigsby or Jazzmaster style is the only answer)

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Unless you're doing dive bombs, man up and just do vibrato with your left hand.

What if you need to lower the pitch? I would love to find out how to lower the pitch with a left hand bend.

To answer OP, this is my favorite trem. Does everything I need, and I can get it to stay in tune.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
i hate tremolo. the floating bridge on my fender cyclone came broken, so when you tried to tune it, the strings just pulled the bridge 3 inches out of the body and wouldn't hold a tune.

ended up blocking it off with balsa wood. now it's a fixed bridge.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i hate tremolo. the floating bridge on my fender cyclone came broken, so when you tried to tune it, the strings just pulled the bridge 3 inches out of the body and wouldn't hold a tune.

ended up blocking it off with balsa wood. now it's a fixed bridge.

Floating trem on a cyclone?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Floating trem on a cyclone?

yup, the last ones they manufactured before discontinuing 'em. i never used it anyway, but it's becoming a problem now that i'm trying to sell it. every music store is gonna try and take advantage of the fact that it's "broken" and try and knock off a bunch of money.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
yup, the last ones they manufactured before discontinuing 'em. i never used it anyway, but it's becoming a problem now that i'm trying to sell it. every music store is gonna try and take advantage of the fact that it's "broken" and try and knock off a bunch of money.

I never knew they made them with a floating trem. I always saw them with strat trems. Do you have any pics of it?
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I never knew they made them with a floating trem. I always saw them with strat trems. Do you have any pics of it?

........ maybe it's a strat trem..... i'm not good with guitar terminology. i can barely name the strings......
None, never been a fan of the tremolo, but I've never really tried a good one though.
you're a stone fox
Page 1 of 2