Alright I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. My band is at a standstill. My guitarist loves to play the Blink-182 style punk music. My drummer loves the harder stuff, like (on a mainstream standard) Disturbed, A7X...I personally like all styles but I, more keen to a grunge kind of feel, like Seether and Soundgarden. We have been playing together for a while. We have a couple covers, all different from punk to grunge to metal. Now we are writing our own stuff, but it keeps changing cause we all want a different sound. It's time to pick a definite direction. Is there a style of music or music group that you guys might know of that we would be content in playing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Quote by cpt_pimp
my last fail was breaking up with my gf.

that's going to suck for a while

Quote by leg end
Well, not really haha!

Quote by cfhdomination
Combine all your influences into one crazy style and just see where it goes I guess.

This. You might even make big.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Either combine your influences and try to make it work. You don't have to fit in to a preconceived genre, just make whatever music that comes out. If this doesn't work call it quits, clashing taste of music can be a bitch sometimes.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
What does your vocalist fit best? Its easy to play different genres on your instruments, but the same doesnt work with vocals imo. You really have to have a certain sound/voice to sing grunge, or to sing punk, or to sing metal. All very different and it sounds super awkward when you have a guy trying to sing, say, grunge when his voice really doesnt fit.

Thats just my 2 cents though. I dont know a lot about this stuff, I am just basing this off my opinions when I hear certain bands playing.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|