So I have got a guitar with a Floyd Rose Original Locking Tremolo, which I have always kept on standard tuning. Now, I want to down-tune my guitar to play some songs. The problem which I am faced with is that due to the awkwardness of a Floyd, I don't want to have to undo the back to change the spring tension and whatnot for possibly only a short jam session. So I was wondering if I could tune my guitar half a step down without the Floyd Rose dying on me.
Thanks!
If you want it to possibly warp your neck, have tuning problems, and just have a horribly set-up guitar. Proceed.
Quote by Fear The Abyss
If you want it to possibly warp your neck, have tuning problems, and just have a horribly set-up guitar. Proceed.

?? thats not going to do any of that lol.
alls that will happen is your bridge is going to be a little uneven, if its bad enough it could cause intonation problems but nothing permanent. anything over half a step i'd say adjust spring tensoin. i personally keep the back plate off of my guitar that has a floyd so i can get to the screws with no problem.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I do not pretend to be an expert - I've been playing for about a year, but I only have one electric guitar and its a BC Rich warlock with a Floyd Rose. I had the same problem, as a massive GnR fan I wanted it tuned down a half step. My genius (not) solution to this was to have the Floyd set up for this tuning and then capo the first fret when I wanted to return to standard tuning. I have 24 frets on mine, so I can still achieve the same range as a normal electric in standard tuning, but it could be ok if you have other guitars too.
Quote by Goodtimes666
?? thats not going to do any of that lol.
alls that will happen is your bridge is going to be a little uneven, if its bad enough it could cause intonation problems but nothing permanent. anything over half a step i'd say adjust spring tensoin. i personally keep the back plate off of my guitar that has a floyd so i can get to the screws with no problem.

Thanks, I was just wondering how big of an effect it would have due to the fact it is an expensive guitar and I am nowhere near an expert of Floyd Roses.