Ok so ive just finished a Stella Artois bottle and the bottom of the bottle tasted very different from the rest of it.

Why might this be? It tasted quite bitter and not very nice. The rest of it was perfectly acceptable lager.

Also in addition, if any of you are feeling particularly helpfull please answer this even more tough question...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493247

ty ty

Slaveaway
I think that it's a mental taste. You're dissapointed that it's the end of the bottle.
Quote by Slaveaway
Ok so ive just finished a Stella Artois bottle

It tasted quite bitter and not very nice.

Yup.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Kumanji
What you're tasting there is the Stella Artois.

LOL. But i have read on at least their IPA bottles it says that their may be left over yeast at the bottom of the bottle.
Stella put a lot of chemicals in their beer, so I'm told. Even if it's BS, it tastes bad.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by mschup27
LOL. But i have read on at least their IPA bottles it says that their may be left over yeast at the bottom of the bottle.

Could have gotten warm. Cheap lager tastes abysmal warm.
Quote by Kumanji
Could have gotten warm. Cheap lager tastes abysmal warm.

Not just cheap lagers. All lagers taste like shit when it's too warm. Better just chug the whole bottle when you get a cold one imo:

Also bottles > glasses somehow. I just prefer a bottle...
That's usually the case with any beer though, isn't it? With any beer I've had it always tasted a little more skunky towards the end. Especially with lagers like Stella Artois, Heineken, Beck's, etc.
Quote by Slaveaway
lager.

There's your problem.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
yeah, the yeastcake... all beer is like that....
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
It's a shitty beer.

Sometimes there's sediment at the bottom, but usually not in lagers, so you can rule that out. In your case you probably took too long to drink it and it went warm. Beer is disgusting when it goes warm.
This is why I never completely drink them unless I'm already drunk.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I've found that if I drink a really nice dark beer, like Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter, the bitterness at the end isn't all that bad.
When you're down to 1/4 left drink it all in one go. When it's just a puddle at the bottom it won't take long to get warm, especially if you are holding it with your hand.

Stella can get pretty nasty though. I don't buy it because it's rarely fresh.
Grab your bollocks tight with one hand. Down the dregs using the other. Release bollocks. Smash the bottle over your head. Go beat your wife. It's how stella is meant to be drank. Bitch better hope it's not a crate.
anything in clear or green bottles gets lightstruck, uv affects the hop oils and you get skunky beer. this is why most brewers use amber bottles, filters uv light
Quote by flyfshr
anything in clear or green bottles gets lightstruck, uv affects the hop oils and you get skunky beer. this is why most brewers use amber bottles, filters uv light

This too. How the hell did I forget to post this earlier? I'm getting old...