I made a thread a few days ago. I got my Foo FIghters tickets, and turns out, one of my friends is actually going, so all thats sorted, but this is still my first big live concert.

1) Gates open at 4:30, first band plays at 5:30, Foos are at 8:20. I got tickets for the field in front of the stage. How early would I need to arrive to ensure I have a decent place?
2) How does going to the bathroom work? If I am at a good place like, and hour before the Foo Fighters start playing, then I need to go somewhere to the bathroom, is there any chance I'm getting back, or do you just have to hold it? lol
3) It say's professional recording devices and cameras aren't allowed, and that they will check, but would a small digital camera be ok? Also, is a small bottle of water recommended?

Thanks in advance!
1) Probably very early.
2) Hold it in or do what I had to do at Leeds Fest and piss in a cup in the crowd.
3) Camera will probably be ok, water very recommended.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

1. to get in the front when i saw the Foo Fighters, i went 3 hours early. but thats just my city. i would say 3 hours is good though.

2. about the bathroom. you can get out, but you cant get back in. unless you push your way through, and no one likes a douche bag....or you can piss on the ground like the guy in front of me did..

3. i wouldnt bring a camera, but when i went, they didnt pay anyone down. and you'd have to sneak it in. at mine, they didnt let people bring shit like that in.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by GoldfishMoon
I made a thread a few days ago. I got my Foo FIghters tickets, and turns out, one of my friends is actually going, so all thats sorted, but this is still my first big live concert.

1) Gates open at 4:30, first band plays at 5:30, Foos are at 8:20. I got tickets for the field in front of the stage. How early would I need to arrive to ensure I have a decent place?
Most people usually don't show until at least the first band is playing, somewhere between 4:30 and 5:00 would be fine.
2) How does going to the bathroom work? If I am at a good place like, and hour before the Foo Fighters start playing, then I need to go somewhere to the bathroom, is there any chance I'm getting back, or do you just have to hold it? lol
One of your friends can probably keep your spot.
3) It say's professional recording devices and cameras aren't allowed, and that they will check, but would a small digital camera be ok? Also, is a small bottle of water recommended?
I think it might be alright, but I would bring like a cellphone or something just in case.

Thanks in advance!

Bolded answers.
you're a stone fox
Thanks for the reply. Just wondering how crowded it will be. Like at the Rugby World Cup opening, I had a blanker near the front of a big screen with some friends. Leaving to go to the bathroom was eays, but I felt like a complete douche getting back.
1. The earlier you show, the nicer your spot will be. If you want to be on the rail, show before the gates open, and sprint to a spot. If you're fine being a little bit back, show towards the beginning of the first band.

2. Hold it, or have a friend to hold your place, but don't be surprised if you can't ever get back to where you were.

3. Bring water, and food. There's a chance you'll be standing from 4:30 til 10:00 at night. That's a while. Think about what you usually consume in that period of time. Also, hate to sound like 'that guy,' but bring sunscreen. Assuming you aren't a dark fellow who doesn't need it. I, personally, am a ginger, so I burn in about 15 minutes flat.

Have fun soldiering it out man. I know I've never regretted it.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
The best times to go to the bathroom are between bands. Usually people will go get beer and whatnot during those times, so take advantage of it. Keep in mind, there will also be lines at the bathroom. If you get there early and you have a prime spot, don't leave at all, though. Going to the bathroom before the show starts then finding a spot is more recommended.
I once waited 13 and a half hours for the Tragically Hip. jus sayin, waiting for bands that you truely ove is well worth it.
hahah, I'm very tanned, never been sunburned before pretty much.
Food is prohibited, so i'll make sure I eat heaps before I go to the show, then make plans to eat right after. I'm sure I can survive like, 6-7 hours without food, that's fine. But I'll definitely bring water.
I just really hope this doesn't happen - I manage to hold it out, Foos get on stage, I spend the rest of the show, not enjoying it, but debating internally about how much I really need to go to the bathroom.
Quote by arnolddrummer
I once waited 13 and a half hours for the Tragically Hip. jus sayin, waiting for bands that you truely ove is well worth it.

Where was this?

I saw them in Vancouver not too long ago and was terribly dissapointed. and I'm a huge Tragically Hip fan. Not to shove my disappointment down your throat but.. thoughts about the show?
Quote by GoldfishMoon
hahah, I'm very tanned, never been sunburned before pretty much.
Food is prohibited, so i'll make sure I eat heaps before I go to the show, then make plans to eat right after. I'm sure I can survive like, 6-7 hours without food, that's fine. But I'll definitely bring water.
I just really hope this doesn't happen - I manage to hold it out, Foos get on stage, I spend the rest of the show, not enjoying it, but debating internally about how much I really need to go to the bathroom.

go to the bathroom before you get to the concert.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Is it an indoor show? If it it, definatly bring water. I went to an indoor show last month and passed out from dehydration. I didn't even notice I was dehydrated because I was so into the show.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by jimihendrix6699
go to the bathroom before you get to the concert.

Yeah, but it's from 4:30 till 11, with the last time ill be able to go to the bathroom being around 3:30.
I'm pretty sure i'll be needing to go quite bad by the end of it.