I know my amp is a piece of shit so please dont offer this as advice as I ALREADY KNOW... So now we have that straight, when the gain is wound up but mostly with the volume down it makes a clicking sound through the speaker (not in the amp itself), the noise is rythmic and is annoying and mostly comes through worse on the higher frets. Ive ruled the guitar out and the lead as Ive tried all my guitars and leads and it does it with every one of them. Whats the likely cause of this clicking sound guys?
I managed to fix this problem myself... I bought an Epiphone So Cal 50 head for $380 from our local cash converters. The sticker price was $580. So it turned out to be a NGD after all. The cab that Ive been building isnt finished yet but I did take some time to load up a couple of shitty old 12 inch speakers into it today (its a 4x12 cab) to see what it would sound like. Unfortunately my favourite fender lead is fubar'd and its the only other lead I have so I couldn't really make a good assessment of it but I will say one thing, wholly shit is it loud!
Quote by dazza027
I know my amp is a piece of shit so please dont offer this as advice as I ALREADY KNOW...

Quote by dazza027
I managed to fix this problem myself... I bought an Epiphone So Cal 50 head for $380

congrats!

what speakers are you using? make sure you have the impedance correct so you don't mess up the socal.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Thats what I was trying to figure out last night, the amp has two each of 4 ohm, 8 ohm and 16 ohm plugs and I am assuming one is mono and one is stereo. The speakers I am using are some crappy old 12's that are 4 ohm rated. They are run in paralel to keep them at 4 ohm and not drop them down to 2 ohms... But they are really crap. I really need a new lead though. Both of my spares are shagged.
I got a kick outta this... I paid $150 bux for mine and its in great nick with new NOS speakers... Someone on Ebay wants 950.... Baaahahahaha (dont ban me, Im not advertising this tool, Im too busy crying with laughter...all the effects....pffft bahahaha, theyre not even 60 bloody watts)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fender-1992-Princeton-Chorus-60watt-Amp-And-Box-Case-/250980906022?pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item3a6fa0b426