Page 1 of 2
Fouchier said in a statement his team had discovered that transmission of the virus was possible between humans "and can be carried out more easily than we thought."

"In a laboratory, it was possible to change the H5N1 into a virus ... that can easily be spread through the air. This process (mutation) could also happen naturally," Fouchier said.

****ing Netherlands. Is this their Eurozone fix?
....... Zombies? Please?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
This is what happens when you leave a bored, unimportant country alone by itself for a bit.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Love it. This is the kind of thing we need more of. Already contacted them for work in the Empire.
Be bad. Get bitches.
Quote by Xiaoxi
This is what happens when you leave a bored, unimportant country alone by itself for a bit.

Kinda like a child.
Quote by D. Vader
Love it. This is the kind of thing we need more of. Already contacted them for work in the Empire.

RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by D. Vader

Hm. Are you the same Vader that used to be here? I thought you got banned.

I read about this a while ago - either here or on another forum I frequent. Long story short, I'd much rather they make it in a lab where they've got some time to work with it than it developing naturally and taking a shit on us all at once.

Perhaps I should consider moving to Boulder, Colorado... M-O-O-N, that spells Captain Trips...
Quote by Flying Couch

I read about this a while ago - either here or on another forum I frequent. Long story short, I'd much rather they make it in a lab where they've got some time to work with it than it developing naturally and taking a shit on us all at once.

Perhaps I should consider moving to Boulder, Colorado... M-O-O-N, that spells Captain Trips...

One does not simply "ban" Vader
Be bad. Get bitches.
Quote by Flying Couch

His join date is Dec. 2011 brah
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Flying Couch

Win.

Also, this is insane. On every level possible. Why would they even do this? I understand that studying virus' is all a part of finding cures, but... really? You just "accidentally" mutated it into a human-transferable version? You did it on purpose? IT MAKES NO SENSE.
Science.

Oh, yeah, KILL IT

KILL IT WITH FIRE

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
The only solution is to quarantine the Netherlands... and then firebomb them.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by Flying Couch

I'll be in Vegas. See you later.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by kaptkegan
I'll be in Vegas. See you later.

Ol' Randall Flagg ain't gonna put up with the likes of you, boy. Best be headin' to Colorado, lest ye be smote down by the fury of the Trashcan Man's coming storm.

Also, fuck the Dutch.
Quote by thefuzz454
The only solution is to quarantine the Netherlands... and then firebomb them.

you could just flood the whole country.

hey where is The_Casinator? isnt he Dutch? Maybe he could tell us why they did this.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Last edited by deathdrummer at Dec 10, 2011,
Why did Vader get banned?
Also, the dutch.. They don't do much good, do they?
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Cooking up things in a lab, probably for germ warfare, potentially exposing it to the population. Well they did it with the AIDS virus back in the day, nothing new here except it might kill basically everyone.

Zappa mentioned this in a bunch of interviews and in one he quoted a book he read on this subject, a quote he said involved 'Refractory to the human immunological system house appropriations committee' Google those words and it will get you to a lot of the information on this.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Dec 10, 2011,
Quote by AdamDK
Meh. We're not going to catch this shit.

thats probably what they said about AIDS too.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
We did this thread 3 weeks ago and we're still alive.
Move along. Nothing to see here.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Cooking up things in a lab, probably for germ warfare, potentially exposing it to the population. Well they did it with HIV back in the day, nothing new here except it might kill basically everyone.

If you didn't believe and parrot every apeshit insane piece of bollocks you ever heard in your life we could be friends. But no. You have to turn some dumb African monkey fucker into a conspiracy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
If you didn't believe and parrot every apeshit insane piece of bollocks you ever heard in your life we could be friends. But no. You have to turn some dumb African monkey fucker into a conspiracy.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Jackal58

Google that quote i put in there. And look up 'fort detrick'.

To be honest, even if you don't believe that, reading up on the horrendous shit that has been done involving biological warfare and testing of it, sometimes on the population unknowingly, then that should be enough to make you consider this stuff as very possible.
Quote by Flying Couch

I love that that was our spokesperson.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
What happens in Europe, hopefully stays in Europe.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Zoot Allures
Cooking up things in a lab, probably for germ warfare, potentially exposing it to the population. Well they did it with the AIDS virus back in the day, nothing new here except it might kill basically everyone.

Is everything a conspiracy to you?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
We need this. It's better to study the virus before it mutates in nature, so we are ready for it before the wild virus is able to transmit between humans. It's a risk benefit thing. It's more risky fighting the virus in the middle of a pandemic because a lot of people will die. What the Dutch have done has potentially bought us time to find a way to fight the virus before its a treat.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
What the Dutch have done has potentially bought us time to find a way to fight the virus before its a treat.

Why would we need to fight it if it were a treat? I like treats. I don't want to fight treats.

No, really though, I agree with you. It's not like they were just herp-derping around, mutating viruses just for fun (which is what a lot of people seem to think).
Quote by RedDeath9
Why would we need to fight it if it were a treat? I like treats. I don't want to fight treats.

No, really though, I agree with you. It's not like they were just herp-derping around, mutating viruses just for fun (which is what a lot of people seem to think).

Stupid Android Autocorrected threat to treat.
Quote by Gyroscope

Is everything a conspiracy to you?

No.

You do realise it's incredibly helpful for the government to have pretty much everyone thinking that there are not any secrets being kept or any wrong doings going on.

Read this list.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States
A lot of these were carried out on unwilling or unknowing people. MK ultra has had a lot of its records destroyed so we'll never know the full extent of what went on, but that would have been a huge 'conspiracy theory'.

Have a read of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA
If even any of this had been said by someone like me back in the day then people would have laughed, you would have posted a laughing smiley face and acted as if i'm being a nut for thinking that the precious government could ever do anything horrible to people.
Well they did, and that other list has loads of examples, and if you believe that the government stopped doing bad things after 1970 or so then you're living with your head in the sand.

edit: so bringing us to the OP, yeah, a deadly virus being altered to be passed onto humans in a lab. Sounds like germ warfare stuff to me. The 'testing on the population' is more far fetched , the germ warfare theory is not though.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Dec 10, 2011,
The title of the article is just scaremongering. The researchers found the mutant virus can spread between mammals and since we are mammals, it may be able to spread to us. I would love to meet the ethics committee that would allow a deadly virus to be tested on Humans. It would be absolutely insane to release this as a germ warfare agent without a way to protect yourself.
I think it's a valuable pursuit but it's still makes me uneasy knowing something like this exists. But hey, maybe I'm just paranoid because I live only a few hours away from the CDC Headquarters and would be fucked if anything ever happened there.
Page 1 of 2