Now before you all dismiss the idea since the original was obviously amazing, think about it: with today's technology, they could make the hedge animal sequences pretty realistic and awesome looking, not to mention the wasp nest part.

With that being said, if you were to remake The Shining, who would you cast?
My ideas:

Robert Downey Jr as Jack:

Jennifer Beals as Wendy:

and Raymond Ochoa as Danny:
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
if you're implying cgi would make something more realistic, you are very wrong.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Eddie Murphy playing all the parts.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Well I don't know much about it but I'm assuming something could be done to at least include that part, because it's quite chilling in the novel.

EDIT: @jakesmellspoo
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
honestly, i haven't read the book and i've only seen bits and pieces of the movie.

BUT, i do know that cgi is utter crap. animatronics and claymation in older movies beats cgi any day.

also, Hollywood hasn't been doing so great with the remakes.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Hedge animals work in the book. There is no way to make them work in a movie. I'm sorry but it's true.

That being said, Scatman Cruthers should be played by Terrence Howard. He's just crazy enough for that.
Last edited by Mack56 at Dec 10, 2011,
Daniel Day-Lewis would be jack. The rest of the characters i have no strong feelings on.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool
Daniel Day-Lewis would be jack. The rest of the characters i have no strong feelings on.

the rest would also be Daniel day-Lewis. And Eddie Murphy. At the same time.
Quote by Mack56
Hedge animals work in the book. There is no way to make them work in a movie. I'm sorry but it's true.

That being said, Scatman Cruthers should be played by Terrence Howard. He's just crazy enough for that.

Damn. Guess it's just something I'd love to see on the big screen. Then again, how I picture it in my mind is probably far scarier than any movie could portray it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by lushacrous
Eddie Murphy playing all the parts.

Or Adam Sandler.

Great call OP on Downey/Beals though, I'm still pissed Chicago Code got the axe. (No pun intended)
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
Quote by KnightBand
Or Adam Sandler.

Great call OP on Downey/Beals though, I'm still pissed Chicago Code got the axe. (No pun intended)

I see your Adam Sandler, and raise you Rob Schneider.

Jack was a struggling writer... UNTIL ONE DAY... he became a hotel caretaker and he's about to find out that some hotels can TAKE CARE of themselves. Rob Schneider IS... The Shining. Rated PG-13.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Sascha Baron Cohen as Borat as Jack

would be the best movie of all time. OF ALL TIME
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by catempire

Jack was a struggling writer... UNTIL ONE DAY... he became a hotel caretaker and he's about to find out that some hotels can TAKE CARE of themselves. Rob Schneider IS... The Shining. Rated PG-13.

I see your Rob Schneider and raise you a...fuck, I got nothing.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
Quote by catempire

I see your Rob Schneider, and raise you David Spade.
Last edited by Mack56 at Dec 10, 2011,
As horrible an idea re-making The Shining would be, my pick for casting Jack is kind of a curve-ball, but hear me out.

Timothy Olyphant. He has the look and is now the same age as Nicholson was when he played the role. He's a decent actor but one thing he does very well is act insane/murderous.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Last edited by Brandon860 at Dec 10, 2011,
Jack Nicholson was just too perfect for the part. They should have him play it again.
West Ham United
I would shoot the cast and crew so nobody would remake that awesome classic
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Zoot Allures
I'd decide to not do it at all since the original was incredibly shit and boring.

West Ham United
As long as you replace the female lead (Whatever her name was)
Because her performance in that movie was absolutely horrible and made me hate it. The WORST EVER female lead in a film.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by Zoot Allures
I'd decide to not do it at all since the original was incredibly shit and boring.

you just hate everything good...don't you
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I would have cast Heath Ledger
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
Quote by Zoot Allures
What else do i hate that's good? >.>

Anything that's not Nick Cave.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Lies and slander, i like lots of things.

Ssshhh. I've been hitting the sauce, and all I have the capacity for is mocking Nick Cave. I don't have it in me to make personal attacks about what your other subjective tastes in music are.

So just know...your music is STUPID like people!
Quote by winterXsolstice
the mini series was better

Steven Weber was in the mini-series, and I like it better too. I don't think it was scarier, just delved into the story line better.

And the shrubs were definately done better using cgi in the mini-series. It shows how they morph into different creatures and what they actually were.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Dec 10, 2011,
I can't imagine anyone remaking the Shining but hey they have remade/are remaking the Thing, Total Recall and Starship Troopers...

I can't imagine evolved CGI being of any real use in a remake of this. There was nothing in the original that would have benefited from good CGI.

I have no idea who I would cast...

Oh, and in regards to the whole CGI is sh*t debate, when it is done properly it looks amazing. The problem is too many people try to use it where it should not be used.
Nick Cave as Jack
I don't care about the hysterical woman
Justin Bieber as Danny.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by blake1221
Ssshhh. I've been hitting the sauce, and all I have the capacity for is mocking Nick Cave. I don't have it in me to make personal attacks about what your other subjective tastes in music are.

So just know...your music is STUPID like people!

You should already know of the trinity though. Nick Cave , Leonard Cohen , Tom Waits

Srs, they're all like some strange genre of people who get thrown in together a lot.
Quote by MakinLattes
Remember when they remastered Star Wars?

I wish I didn't.

I think they're planning on remaking all 6 movies to release them in 3D

OT: I've yet to see the Shining. Saw it as a kid, can't even remember it.
Quote by King Donkey
Jack Nicholson was just too perfect for the part. They should have him play it again.

He was definitely great, but you could tell too early on that he was going to lose his mind in the end. Then again I'm sure most people would have predicted that regardless of who was playing Jack.

I feel like if it was done right, a remake would have potential.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares